• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Fatties

KC_Bobby

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
:confused: I feel stupid for asking ... but a little help please ... never made them. Any hints or secrets? I picked up two logs to fire up tonight/tomorrow.

Does anyone prep these, do they get cut up or just throw them on til X internal? (please complete the X)

No need to cut up leave the log whole sprinkle with your favorite rub or leave plain...cook until internal temp is 165* about 2.5 - 3 hours at 225* usually does it.

Try stuffing one flatten it out on plastic wrap until it is about 8" x 8" then add cheese, peppers or whatever, re-roll & seal seams good, sprinkle with dry rub.

Pick up some biscuits to eat them on...Farkin' awesome :biggrin:

When resealing them pinch closed and put in fridge and let get cold. Was told this because mine kept busting open. Dont overstuff.

Cool, so basically no holds barred and have fun!

I think I'll stuff japapenos, salsa and chedder cheeze in one
The other is italian sausage ... might go get some provolone cheeze for that.

Put in some Roasted red peppers ( they come in a jar with olive oil...I've done that with an Italian one I did)

Don't forget to cook extras! I like to slice them and then brown them in a pan and eat on a biscuit or English muffin for breakfast. I just finished a breakfast of fatty slices on a toasted English muffin topped with an over-easy egg.

YUP

Then there is the "boinker".

:confused: I feel stupid for asking ... but a little help please ... never made them. Any hints or secrets? I picked up two logs to fire up tonight/tomorrow.

Does anyone prep these, do they get cut up or just throw them on til X internal? (please complete the X)

My crew is hooked on stuffing them with jalapenos and pepper jack cheese, then rolled in your favorite rub!

My fav so far is rubbed with John Henry's pecan and stuffed with cream cheese , second fav is yard bird with sharp cheddar and chopped up japs mixed in to the fatty.

I cook 'em 3-2-1 and love 'em that way. 165 internal and them wrapped and coolered works well also. Make sure to spray them once in a while with apple juice. MMMMMmmm

Had to resurrect this from an old post:

icon1.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by grillfella
Hey guys, I plan on doing my first fatty's this weekend. Can someone tell me all the ingredients I will need and a step by step process, ie how long to smoke and what wood to smoke with?:icon_shy

weber ranch kettle ,4 weber one touches, verticle drum smoker

My preferred method for doing a fatty.

Head to the local mart and pick out the fatty you want. I'd suggest you then invest in at least a 12 pack of beer to marinate the fatty in, nothing to expensive, it's just a fatty. Or if you prefer some sort of hard liquor, but it's usually more expensive. Also a lot of time fatties come in two packs or more. It's best if you can separate just the one you want. I've never liked the outcome when I've done more than one fatty at once.

After you've marinated the fatty, I usually rub it down with something while I'm getting a good hot bed going. I like something a little spicy. Once it's rubbed and the bed is hot, just do the fatty for as long as you'd like. A lot of people suggest 2 - 3 hours. That's a little long for me so I usually pre-heat the fatty with a little something to get it started so I only have to really do it for 30 minutes or so. It can get kinda boring doing a fatty.

Kinda like a hot dog down a hallway too. Not all that satisfying.

Thanks again Neil for a good laugh...

I have crumbled up a few slices on top of a frozen pizza.......I know I should be making it from scratch, but Im not that far into the pizza making yet......give me some time.

It made a so-so pizza pretty darn good!

Bobby - We've got tons of good info on fatties...

Check post # 11 in the Roadmap and use the search function as time permits... you'll be pleasantly surprised as to how many variations have been experiemented with...

good luck !!!

Back