Yes, that stupid color bugs me enough that I chose not to use that shot. I know as a semi-serious blogger, I am supposed to have a light box, tripod, soft light, remote bounceable flash etc...but, I would rather cook honestly.

:shock: I'm still using my cell phone. :twisted:

I'm just using a basic digital camera ...

All of the shots look good Bob. I gotta admit, that first sliced shot was incredible, even though the color on the bun didn't match.

I'd have to agree. It looks much better than the one you posted, and really showed your true intentions. :mmph: A good homemade bun really makes this type of burger special.

It's too bad we don't have a "Surprise inside" TD running at the same time. That is a beautiful crust Tom

photobucket-1292-1334884406542.jpg

and a fabulous filling!

Man, it sure does seem like everyone is submitting burgers for this TD. I figured we would at least see some ribs or a brisket cooked like a SPAMfish. :noidea:

I'd say we're looking at a few DQs also, since Bigabyte called, "Burger" and not "Burgers" -- wouldn't mind having what Terry's having, but he may as well have submitted a brisket. :roll:

(you know I'm just pulling your leg)

Last edited:
I'd say we're looking at a few DQs also, since Bigabyte called, "Burger" and not "Burgers" -- wouldn't mind having what Terry's having, but he may as well have submitted a brisket. :roll:

Humm... Patty or Patties? "whether one dares to use patties" :rolleyes:

I think if we had a Patty TD, we'd have to move this subforum to Wood Pile (where it probably belongs anyway). If we have a Patties TD, then definitely we'd have to move it to Wood Pile.

Yes, that stupid color bugs me enough that I chose not to use that shot. I know as a semi-serious blogger, I am supposed to have a light box, tripod, soft light, remote bounceable flash etc...but, I would rather cook honestly.

Color looks okay to me. :wink:

picture.php

CD

Last edited:

(you know I'm just pulling your leg)

And, where's the buns?

CD :becky:

Okay, the weekend is upon us. This Throwdown ends at midnight Sunday, so you have a little less than three days to get a burger turned in.

We have 24 entries right now, we need 11 entries to beat the record!!!

CD

I can make a second entry if that is allowed.

Saldy, this is a standard weekly Throwdown, meaning only one entry is allowed. However, you are free to cook as many burgers on as many different days as you like, and enter the best one.:thumb:

I cooked a Cheese Burger today, but I think for now I'll stick with the Pork Burger.

Nah, I am moving onto Stadium Food next, we have great stadium food out here.

Burger Entry

Alright. I'll play. No bacon on hand so I sliced some sausages and added some Stubb's Chile Lime rub.
101_0881.jpg

Into the gasser with some apple wood.
101_0884.jpg

On the Weber.
101_0898.jpg

Added some sharp cheddar.
101_0903.jpg

Off the grill.
101_0906.jpg

Stuffed Cheddar Burgers. Please use this pic.
101_0910.jpg

The money shot.

That looks good and I see nachos too! nice entry.

Back