BBQ Books

WineMaster

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Just got the book Peace Love and BBQ By Mike Mills

This is supose to be good reading. Not only Recipies

What are some of the other good books out there for people to read that can make them better at the hobby?

I love Mike Mills' book and will be posting something about that on my blog in the next couple of days, but I also enjoy Paul Kirk's and DrBBQ's books, a few of the Steven Raichlen books (although he focuses on grilling rather than q'ing, I think), and many, many others.....Check out this thread about bbq cookbooks for some ideas of what others have said, too....

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20021&highlight=cookbook

I made my list from several older threads here on the Forum. The top ones then were:

Peace Love and Barbeque *
Paul Kirk's Championship BBQ *
Dr BBQ's Bif Time Barbeque Cookbook *
Legends of Texas Barbeque Book
Smoke and Spice *
BBQ USA
John Willingham's World Champion Bar-B-Q
The Barbeque America Cookbook
Barbeque Bible
Barbeque Secrets
Grand Barbeque
Smokestack Lightning *

It's hard to rank these ... some are more recipes, some techniques, some more history. I have 5 (*) so far and hope to get them all.

Regards,
Tom B

I've got several, but the one that got me hooked was "The Hardcore BBQ Book - Legendary American Recipes" by Patricia Colarco. My wife picked this little (62pages) jewel up for me years ago out of the $1 bin at 1/2 Price Books. Every recipe followed from this book has been damn good. It's mainly NC/SC/KY/TN/GA styles.

I saw a few of those on Q's list at 1/2 Price Books the other day. I have about 8 of those on the list.

Bigmista said:
I love my Q and all but if it's Bif time, the Q has to wait.
YOU aint lying the Q will have to wait....I would have to give her the best 3 to 4 minutes of my life
:biggrin:
:twisted:

I met Mike Mills a few wks ago when he opened his newest restaraunt in O'fallon IL, both him and Amy were super nice and appreciative of people coming to see them.

I just finished reading Mike Mills' book (Peace Love and BBQ) and thought it was great. I loved the stories and reading about regular people who just wanted to produce a good product.

Enjoy the read.

What a coincidence. I just ordered Peace, Love & Barbecue. Cant wait.

Of course if I hit the Mega Millions tonight, I'll be reading my copy on St John or maybe St Croix. BeerGuy & I went in together on some tix. We have a dream of starting a charter fishing/barbecue/brew pub joint right on the water somewhere. St Somewhere!

Brauma said:
What a coincidence. I just ordered Peace, Love & Barbecue. Cant wait.

Of course if I hit the Mega Millions tonight, I'll be reading my copy on St John or maybe St Croix. BeerGuy & I went in together on some tix. We have a dream of starting a charter fishing/barbecue/brew pub joint right on the water somewhere. St Somewhere!

No specialty store with garlic?

I will visit a spot like the one Beerguy and you dream! I also would love to come stripper:biggrin: fishing with you guys, seriously though. I organize about six charters a year. First was this past Friday.

End of Hijack!

I also would love to come stripper:biggrin: fishing with you guys End of Hijack![/QUOTE said:
You fishin' for strippers or stripers? Or both!?

Peace Love and BBQ is an excellent book, but I think over time my favorite book has become The Legends of Texas BBQ. Covers the history of Texas BBQ with some excellent receipes.

Back