Cooking Wood Source in So Cal...

MeatCandy

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Do any So Cal Brethren have experience with Southern Cal Firewood?

I found them on Craigs List...

They have good prices, but I want good product too...

I usually get my fuel from the Woodshed...

Thank you in advance...

Anyone?

The website states..."Service areas include all of Central and Southern California as well as Las Vegas, Nevada"

Never tried 'em, but have been curious about them. I get my stuff from Cal Char, but it would be good to know about other options as well. There's a place called Whitt's Woodyard near me - really nice folks, but I think they get their stuff from Cal Char and mark it up, so I just go straight to Cal Char whenever I have a weekday off.

Been getting my wood from Firewood of my Ranch in L.A. Right off 3rd st. and Mission rd. The wood i've gotten there has been clean and well seasoned. They have most of the woods that you would look for and the prices are ok. They sell larger amounts but also sell in 40lb nylon bags that run usually between 10 and 12 bucks a sack.

It has to be worth a shot right?

I think your right...I need wood, and they have it...They deliver bulk hardwood and bagged and the pricing is good and it includes delivery...It seems almost to good to be true...and you know what they say about that...I'm surprised that no one has any experience with them...Worst case scenario, I'll have good bonfire wood for the beach this winter...

Gonna check that place out. Thanks for the heads up. If its good wood, its a good deal for sure. Save me a trip downtown too.

I have a 1/4 chord of Hickory and 10 bags of Cherry delivering on Thursday...They also discounted the Cherry Bags 40% as an add on item...I didn't have to ask they just do that...Sweet!...We will see how this goes...

Last edited:
I think your right...I need wood, and they have it...They deliver bulk hardwood and bagged and the pricing is good and it includes delivery...It seems almost to good to be true...and you know what they say about that...I'm surprised that no one has any experience with them...Worst case scenario, I'll have good bonfire wood for the beach this winter...

And they have Santa Maria grills, pricing includes delivery and set up. Definitely keep us posted on this.

Update...For the record I have no affiliation with Southern Cal Firewood...I found their ad on Craigslist...

The delivery truck rolled up this morning on time...2 guys to unload, which is nice...I ordered 1/4 chord of Hickory and 10 bags of Cherry...Remember the Cherry was discounted to $7/bag, since it was an add on item...the shipping on the 1/4 chord covered everything...I didn't have to ask...he just told me that was the deal...at $7/bag it was just a matter of figuring how much I could store...So as far as price...Good Value...No extra charges..Chord and bag prices include tax and shipping...

The Hickory and Cherry are very dense and well seasoned...it is good, fresh seasoned wood...Not a junk piece in the lot...the pieces are 18" 1/4 splits...too big for my cooker by I will cut them in half...

I recommend trying them out...I am very satisfied with the service and product...I will order from them again when my pile gets low...I dealt with Mike via email the entire time...He is quick to respond, They are the real deal...

http://www.southerncalfirewood.com/residential-firewood.htm

Attachments

• wood.jpg
    wood.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 85
Good to know. Hell, GREAT to know! :clap2: Thanks for filling us in!

How much for the hickory?

Back