Whole Foods St Louis Style Ribs

S

suprfast

http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/stores/fresno/specials.pdf

This is the Fresno, CA ad, but i checked a few of the other Ads and they seem to be similar.

3.99/lb isnt too bad compared to even savemart. Here is the in store kicker.
March 19th they will be 2.74/lb. Just wanted to share. Im sure I will hear the whole paycheck, whole whatever over and over. I shop there for personal reasons and pay a little more for it.

Spares already pre-trimmed? I can get spares at Costco for $1.99 all day..

You can get them free if you break into a farm and steal a pig.

Whole Foods is a great place to shop.
They make a great olive bread on fridays.
The beer selection is outstanding also.
jon

http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/stores/fresno/specials.pdf

This is the Fresno, CA ad, but i checked a few of the other Ads and they seem to be similar.

3.99/lb isnt too bad compared to even savemart. Here is the in store kicker.
March 19th they will be 2.74/lb. Just wanted to share. Im sure I will hear the whole paycheck, whole whatever over and over. I shop there for personal reasons and pay a little more for it.

Yeah, I shop there too, and am willing to pay a bit more for the quality of the stuff they sell. Their meats are very good.

sound pretty good.have you tried them before?

This will be the first time trying pork ribs from whole foods. I bought some dry aged rib eyes and WOW.

The other day they had their top end filet mignons on sale for 9.99/lb. That is a steal, normally 26.99/lb
kris

I bought some dry aged rib eyes and WOW.

I about Chit when I looked at their prices, but I bought some NY Strips for $17.99/lb and they were the best steaks I have ever made...just salt and pepper. I have never had their ribs, but I'm sure they wil be outstanding!:becky:

I about Chit when I looked at their prices, but I bought some NY Strips for $17.99/lb and they were the best steaks I have ever made...just salt and pepper. I have never had their ribs, but I'm sure they wil be outstanding!:becky:

Oh yea, i can only afford some of the good stuff when its on sale. 29.99/lb for dry aged rib eyes... Still cheaper than getting the same thing at a restaurant.
kris

I am sure the ribs will be excellent, Whole Foods meat has never disappointed me. It is pricey, but, dry aging represent so much loss, it is unavoidable for it to cost a lot. And, many steak houses do not dry age anymore for that very reason.

I unwrapped the ribs today and seasoned them. MEATY MEATY MEATY st louis. To be honest, the meatiest(is that a word?) ribs ive seen. Reminds me a loin backs. Good amount of fat in the ribs, not much just hanging around that needed to be trimmed. Sorry no pics, im a bad brethren today.
kris

Have you ever tried a good meat market? I've just started and found a market that will sell me first quality meat at normal prices. All I had to do was ask and then I wait two days to get what I want. and for you local guys, YES It's Antonio's

Have you ever tried a good meat market? I've just started and found a market that will sell me first quality meat at normal prices. All I had to do was ask and then I wait two days to get what I want. and for you local guys, YES It's Antonio's

Ive been on the hunt for one. Just found a local Lamb place, but still looking for beef. What is sad is the central valley is the AG capital of CA and its hard to find local sellers(at least non pesticide local sellers).

But, we can find all kinds of produce. It is a reflection of the predominant food focus of our region. But, meat is making a come back.

Sorry that is what i was referring to. The produce is available at small local farmers markets(which is great) but making sure its organic is hard.

I sure hope we get some grass fed farms locally.

Sorry that is what i was referring to. The produce is available at small local farmers markets(which is great) but making sure its organic is hard.

I sure hope we get some grass fed farms locally.

But, we can find all kinds of produce. It is a reflection of the predominant food focus of our region. But, meat is making a come back.

We have them. I'm in a Meat CSA with Marin Sun Farms where I get a shipment of Organic, Grass Fed, Free Range, Humanely Raised, etc Meat once a month. There is also http://www.localharvest.org/ where you can check out all your hippy friendly options

I can get Marin Sun Farms at a local grocery store, no need for the butcher who can't/won't tell me where the meat came from.

I can get Marin Sun Farms at a local grocery store, no need for the butcher who can't/won't tell me where the meat came from.[/QUOTE]

I can field that for you:

pork: from a pig

beef: from a cow(steer)

chicken: from a chicken

Get one of those round things with pictures and clock hands, set the hands on a pic and pull the string. You'll get it.

:becky:

Just so you know btcg, I am putting a drought hex on your kegerator. Soon, you will go to pull a draft and it will sputter and gasp. Just so you know why it happened. :razz:

Back