Cooking Class Review of Grey Street BBQ Class ???

Michigan BBQ Fan

Take a breath!
Name or Nickame
Scott
Has anyone taking the Grey Street BBQ class? One is happening near me soon and I'm considering it...even though...I've never done a comp and I'm currently not registered to do any...HAHA

I believe their first class is in November with One2BBQ. They are both nice guys who clearly know BBQ and dominate the region so I can't see it not being worth the money.

I see that you are located near me. I know the Grey St. fellas personally. From talking with them, the class will be run just like a standard comp. They run a hot & fast timeline to my knowledge. But with 8 GC's this year alone, its totally worth the price. I was planning on attending the Michigan class held by the GLBBQA, but I found out yesterday that as of February I am out of a job. Looks like semi-retirement from BBQ is coming.

I believe their first class is in November with One2BBQ. They are both nice guys who clearly know BBQ and dominate the region so I can't see it not being worth the money.

Thanks. Glad to know that they are good guys and GOOD at BBQ!

I see that you are located near me. I know the Grey St. fellas personally. From talking with them, the class will be run just like a standard comp. They run a hot & fast timeline to my knowledge. But with 8 GC's this year alone, its totally worth the price. I was planning on attending the Michigan class held by the GLBBQA, but I found out yesterday that as of February I am out of a job. Looks like semi-retirement from BBQ is coming.

Thanks for the heads up. Yeah, I'm in the Detroit area. What temp constitutes "hot and fast"? I JUST joined the GLBBQA. FYI...(you may know)...GLBBA is running a raffle for a FREE class registration. Tickets are $20. Layoffs aren't fun...especially if they are from BBQ as well. Hope we cross paths soon.

Thanks for the heads up. Yeah, I'm in the Detroit area. What temp constitutes "hot and fast"? I JUST joined the GLBBQA. FYI...(you may know)...GLBBA is running a raffle for a FREE class registration. Tickets are $20. Layoffs aren't fun...especially if they are from BBQ as well. Hope we cross paths soon.

We cook at 300°

Back