Picked Up Little Jewel Today>>>>

Garyclaw

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Went to a Trift SHop today lookihg for a book to take on vacation and found this: "The Book of Sauces" by Gordon Grimsdale.
This little book has everything from A La King Sauce to Zabaglione Sauce.
Got a question about sauces? Just ask me. I got so hungry just leafing through it! It's marked $12.00 on the back. I bought it for .27.:cool:

Any sauce....lay it on me Bros.!:mrgreen:

Got a good steak sauce in that book? I suck at sauces of any kind...

Last edited by a moderator:
hawaiian or tropical flavor sauce for ribs?? I went to a competition last weekend and was lucky enough to be a judge. someone submitted a rib that blew me away!

Gary that's great!! I'm looking for a mango/habanero/mustard sauce. Does your book have one?
Thanks! :grin:

Got a good steak sauce in that book? I suck at sauces of any kind...

How about a pepper sauce:

1/4 c. butter
1 small carrot chopped
1 med. onion chopped
1 celery stalk chopped
Bouquet garni (1 bay leaf, 1 sprig fresh thyme, 4 fresh parsely sprigs tied together)
2 tsp. flour
3/4 c. red wine
1 tbls. red-wine vinegar
About 1/4 tsp. fresh ground pepper

melt buttewr in saucepan, add veggies and bouguet garni; saute, stirring often, until veggies start to brown. Add flour all at once and stir w/ wooden spoon. cook over low heat until flour browns, stirring constantly.

Meanwhile, warm wine and vinegar in a small saucepan. Pour all at once into flour mixture. Blend thoroughly. Bring to boil and gently simmer uncovered, for 20 min. Add pepper to taste. cook 1 min.

Strain through fine sieve and serve hot with beef or venison.

Went to a Trift SHop today lookihg for a book to take on vacation and found this: "The Book of Sauces" by Gordon Grimsdale.
This little book has everything from A La King Sauce to Zabaglione Sauce.
Got a question about sauces? Just ask me. I got so hungry just leafing through it! It's marked $12.00 on the back. I bought it for .27.:cool:

Any sauce....lay it on me Bros.!:mrgreen:

You sure you want to open that pandoras box?:wink: JK

Gary that's great!! I'm looking for a mango/habanero/mustard sauce. Does your book have one?
Thanks! :grin:

Not exactly, Jeanie. How about we start with this mustard sauce and add a purey of mango and peppers:

Start with 1 c. Bechamel Sauce
1/4 c. whipping cream
1/2 lemon
1 tsp. prepared mustard
1 tsp. Dijion mustard
fresh herb for garnish

Combine hot Bechamel and cream in saucepan, squeeze in lemon, removing seeds. Stir in mustards and your mango/pepper purey.
Serve hot....then show pron:biggrin1:

I'm pretty sure you know how to make the Bechamel Sauce Jeanie, so I didn't add that part. I'll post if ya want.

I know, onex. You know the excitment of a new toy mixed with alcohol. :mrgreen:

Back