Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Monmouth County Fair, Freehold, NJ, July 24 & 25, 2008

Yeah, I got a confirmation on it but haven't heard anything else regarding number of teams, etc. It is a Friday/Saturday contest which is nice and a short drive from Long Island.

Is this a KCBS event? I tried to look it up on the KCBS site and couldn't find it. When and where is it?

Is this a KCBS event? I tried to look it up on the KCBS site and couldn't find it. When and where is it?

Yep, KCBS contest July 25-26 in Freehold, NJ. Wanna come help me cook, Ronelle?:biggrin: I'm doing it alone.

07/25/08
to
07/26/08 Monmouth County Fair's 1st Backyard BBQ Freehold, NJ Contact: Helen Fiore, 805 Newman Springs Road, Lincroft, NJ 07738.
Phone: 732-842-4000 x 4225. Fax: 732-842-4162. hpfiore@monmouthcountyparks.com
KCBS Reps: MURRAY SALTZMAN, JOHN BRADEN Results not in.

Yep, KCBS contest July 25-26 in Freehold, NJ. Wanna come help me cook, Ronelle?:biggrin: I'm doing it alone.

07/25/08
to
07/26/08 Monmouth County Fair's 1st Backyard BBQ Freehold, NJ Contact: Helen Fiore, 805 Newman Springs Road, Lincroft, NJ 07738.
Phone: 732-842-4000 x 4225. Fax: 732-842-4162. hpfiore@monmouthcountyparks.com
KCBS Reps: MURRAY SALTZMAN, JOHN BRADEN Results not in.

I must have skimmed over it. Thanks! I added the location and dates to the title.

I'd love to come out and help but we have a wedding to go to on that weekend. We were thinking about cooking at the Taste of Grand Rapids in Michigan but can't do that, either.

Yeah, I got a confirmation on it but haven't heard anything else regarding number of teams, etc. It is a Friday/Saturday contest which is nice and a short drive from Long Island.

Smoke, what kind of confirmation did you get? I got a letter which was more of a receipt a few weeks ago but nothing after that.

Smoke, what kind of confirmation did you get? I got a letter which was more of a receipt a few weeks ago but nothing after that.

Same thing as you. I may shoot the organizer a note tomorrow to check in.

I was going but I have surgery scheduled for the 25th. I got some nasty mole things on me that came back from the lab not so good. I may try to make the rounds on Sat.

I was going but I have surgery scheduled for the 25th. I got some nasty mole things on me that came back from the lab not so good. I may try to make the rounds on Sat.

Sorry to hear about the surgery. I could use a hand with turn-ins if all goes well and you want to come by Saturday. We can be SmokeNdaEyes.:biggrin:

FYI, they mailed out cooks packets with all necessary info yesterday. There's room for 35 teams. 31 paid so far with 4 more that are pending/awaiting payment. Should be fun.

I have not heard a thing on this cook-off. I only received the receipt for my check. Anyone get any info yet?

Mike

I have not heard a thing on this cook-off. I only received the receipt for my check. Anyone get any info yet?

Mike

Nothing yet. Supposedly packets went out in the regular mail last wednesday. I'm not even sure where to go!

Hi Guys. Just to let you know I did get my packet. T-minus 2 weeks :cool:

Really? I've still gotten nothing. Anything of interest in there? I guess all I reall need is an address and an arrival time. Will let the GPS do the rest.

Couple of things:

Awards Information form
Map of Grounds
Updated Rules - alcohol is OK now :twisted:
Team List
Waver of Liability
Certification of Non-Sexual Predator form :eek: (seriously)

Its a big manilla envelope. If you don't get anything in the next couple of days PM me your email & I'd be happy to scan you these.

Couple of things:

Awards Information form
Map of Grounds
Updated Rules - alcohol is OK now :twisted:
Team List
Waver of Liability
Certification of Non-Sexual Predator form :eek: (seriously)

Its a big manilla envelope. If you don't get anything in the next couple of days PM me your email & I'd be happy to scan you these.

As if it was every going to be a question. I have three cases of Sam Adams sitting in the trailer already so stop by for a few!

Could someone post the team list?

Teams

Never mind. They just emailed everything to me, including the child predator form.

Teams (highlighted brethren I'm aware of):
Lo-n-Slo
Black Tie BBQ
Texas Smoke Barbeque
Burnt Side Down
Porkmeister BBQ
Tell You What BBQ
Philly Blind Pig BBQ
Fire Ants BBQ
Maple Shade Smokers
Carolina Beau & The Yankee Inlaws
Broken Arrow