Weber Kettle Lid Preference

Which Weber Kettle Lid Style do you Prefer?

• Weber OTS/OTG Lid with Hook

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Weber OTP/Performer Lid Holder

Votes: 3 60.0%

• Total voters

dmprantz

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
I cooked for about 10 years on a OTG and loved it. About two months ago I upgraded to a Performer, and while I think the performer is fabulous, I am not in love with the lid holder. I found it slower and more difficult to operate, and it holds the lid too high. I was wondering what others think: Do you prefer the OTS/OTG hook, or the OTP/P holder? The holder might make most sense on the OTP where it goes to the back, but on the side, it's a loser.

If I'm not alone and most Weber kettle users prefer the hook, how do you remedy the situation? Do you have a hook welded onto your Performer lid? Do you downgrade to a OTS lid? Do you suffer? Just trying to get some ideas.

dmp

I like the performer tuck-away lid. Its nice to shelter the wind and I usually keep the coals on that side under the lid so the food is in the area I have access to.

I have not used a lid with a hook since I was a child using my fathers weber, so I can not really remember, however, I will say that I do not like the performer tuck away lid. I think that it is over the cooking area too much, and directs smoke too much, I think it is in the way and I am interested in seeing others ideas

Back