Swine on Skewers

GadgetGeek

Found some matches.
Reaction score
Click on this for more Pork on skewers pictures

I just had to try out some new bamboo, wide skewers.. So I soaked them for 24 hours, defrosted and marinated some of the Tamworth Pig that was left in my freezer, and set about doing Brussels Sprouts a slightly different way.. I steamed them, then chilled them, seasoned the cut insides with some ground black caraway, and salt and pepper and barely dusted them with a mix of corn starch and white flour (with some white pepper and a bare amount of toasted, ground cumin in the mix).. I scorched (heated) those Brussels Sprouts in some of the toasted peanut oil from Bell Plantation (see bellplantation.com).

I used my small Weber and was feeling so smart that the skewers fit completely inside the grill so I could close it to keep flare-ups to a minimum, and that the end of the skewer over the no-charcoal end stayed cool enough to turn by hand. The meat ended up crispy where it needed and tender and delicious inside. CP baked a Sweet potato and did some toping magic for it. We called it dinner.

swineskewer22b.jpg

Excellent! Pictures make me feel like I'm actually inside the grill. I love Brussel Sprouts. You way to cook them sounds great.

Back