Simple contest to win a $3,000 grill

TailGateJoecom

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Hey guys, figured some of you would may be interested. The company whose grills I use for my parties is giving away a $3,000 grill, it's a simple sign up contest. Figured I would pass along the info, I am not involved in the contest.

Here is the link:

Win a Crown Verity Grill

And here is a link to my review of the 72 inch model"

Crown Verity MCB72 Review

contest-header.jpg

In the Rules & Regulation there's this paragraph:

"Other Rules and Regulations: In order to win, the selected entrant must first correctly answer, unaided, a time-limited, mathematical, skill-testing question to be administered by telephone, and he or she will be required to sign a standard Declaration and Release Form confirming compliance with the Contest Rules, acceptance of the Prize as awarded and releasing Crown Verity from all liability relating to the Contest."

What exactly would that mean do you think? I'm not a real mathematically inclined person and probably would fail a "skill-testing" question if it pertained to Calculus, Geometry or such...

Otherwise I'm all over it!!! Cheers!!!

"Other Rules and Regulations: In order to win, the selected entrant must first correctly answer, unaided, a time-limited, mathematical, skill-testing question to be administered by telephone, and he or she will be required to sign a standard Declaration and Release Form confirming compliance with the Contest Rules, acceptance of the Prize as awarded and releasing Crown Verity from all liability relating to the Contest."

What exactly would that mean do you think? I'm not a real mathematically inclined person and probably would fail a "skill-testing" question if it pertained to Calculus, Geometry or such...

This may have something to do with local laws covering lotteries and other things. Britain, I think, has a law covering all contests requiring a "Skill" question. I would assume something like "What is two plus two?"

This may have something to do with local laws covering lotteries and other things. Britain, I think, as a law covering all contests requiring a "Skill" question. I would assume something like "What is two plus two?"

They are based in Canada, so maybe that is the case. I will find out.

I was told it is to circumvent some old Canadian sweepstakes laws and that it is a simple problem that no adult should have a problem with.

I was told it is to circumvent some old Canadian sweepstakes laws and that it is a simple problem that no adult should have a problem with.

No way man! I'm gonna complain if so. It should be something requiring some tensor calculus at least. I'm all over this one. :tongue:

Back