Any good receipes for enchiladas with leftover pulled pork?

SLCMACK

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Wanting to make some encha la las with my left over PP. Just lookn for a few good receipes. Thanks

I keep it simple. I googled an enchilada sauce recipe and used that, and then heated the tortillas in the microwave to soften then and then added pulled pork and shredded cheese and rolled, put them in a greased baking dish, poured the sauce over the top and then added more cheese and baked until the cheese on top browned a little and everything was hot.

I want to try this also. Seems like a good use of leftover pulled pork. Also been wanting to try some tamales. Good luck with your encha la las.

Buy some dried Ancho chiles (add some dried tree chiles if you can take more heat)... put those chiles and a tomato to boil until the chiles are soft. Peel the tomato skin, blend the softened chiles with, garlic, and half of a small onion and some chicken broth (or the water you used to boil the chiles)... Don't add too much water/broth, just enough to make the mixture liquid but still quite thick... Put the salsa with some oil in a pan and let the first boiling bubble appear and then remove from the heat.

Fry some corn tortillas, for a few seconds, it should just soften them. Then coat the tortilla with the enchilada salsa, add your chicken, maybe some mexican chorizo, roll it, put some cheese on top(panela if you want authenticity), finely chopped raw onion and cilantro...

You'll get WAY better results making your own sauce using chiles as ElRegio suggested, than using canned, and it's not difficult at all.

Here's a link to a pulled pork enchilada cook I did a while back:

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=79309

Here's the sauce I used:

[FONT=&quot]Chile Gravy:[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]INGREDIENTS[/FONT]

• [FONT=&quot]5 whole [FONT=&quot]ancho chiles [/FONT][FONT=&quot]seeded and stemmed[/FONT][/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]3 cups vegetable broth[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]1/4 medium white onion, coarsely chopped (about 1/3 cup)[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]6 tablespoons vegetable oil[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]4 medium cloves garlic, minced[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]6 tablespoons all-purpose flour[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]2 ½[FONT=&quot] teaspoons[/FONT][FONT=&quot] ground cumin[/FONT][/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]1 teaspoon dried [FONT=&quot]oregano[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]INSTRUCTIONS[/FONT]

1. [FONT=&quot]Place [FONT=&quot]chiles[/FONT][FONT=&quot] in a small [/FONT][FONT=&quot]saucepan[/FONT][FONT=&quot] and cover with 1 1/2 cups of the vegetable broth. Bring to a [/FONT][FONT=&quot]boil [/FONT][FONT=&quot] over medium-high heat and cook until chiles have softened, about 5 minutes.[/FONT][/FONT]
  2. [FONT=&quot]Pour chile mixture (with cooking liquid) and onion in a blender, cover the lid with a kitchen towel, and blend on high until smooth, about 2 minutes. Add remaining 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth and blend to combine.[/FONT]
  3. [FONT=&quot]Heat oil in a medium frying pan over medium heat until hot but not smoking, about 3 minutes. Add garlic and cook until soft and tender but not browned, about 1 minute. Add [FONT=&quot]flour [/FONT][FONT=&quot]and cook, whisking constantly, until flour smells toasted but garlic remains pale in color, about 2 minutes more. [/FONT][/FONT]
  4. [FONT=&quot]Whisk in [FONT=&quot]cumin[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot] and oregano, then slowly pour in chile mixture. Whisk until chile mixture is completely incorporated, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and season well with salt. Let cool, then refrigerate overnight and make enchiladas the next day.[/FONT]
IMG_0049-1.jpg

Here's one I did earlier this week.

First off a couple of the ingredients; please note the Poblano peppers are from our garden:

edit_preview.php

Put a good roast on the peppers:

imgp1391x.jpg

Pulled pork that I've had vacu-sucked and frozen:

imgp1394.jpg

Didn't get a shot of it but I sautéd the sweet onion and peppers with garlic in EVOO and chicken stock in the cast iron skillet on the grill. Once they were done, I layered the rice, beans, pepper jack and cheddar cheese, pulled pork, pepper sauté, black olives and a little green enchilada sauce on the tortillas (note the middle ones are shredded chicken instead of pork for my daughter):

scaled.php

All rolled up and ready to go. I put a little enchillada sauce in the bottom so they wouldn't stick or burn. Note the chicken on top of two so I can tell them apart. These went on the Traeger at 400 for about 25 minutes to cook through and crisp up the tortillas (can't stand mushy tortillas):

edit_preview.php

Here's the finished product garnished with rice, beans, avacados, sour cream, cheese, tomatos, extra pepper sauté, enchillada sauce and a couple tiny poblanos for show. We didn't put the enchillada sauce on till last:

edit_preview.php

Another angle:

edit_preview.php

Last shot:

edit_preview.php

They were tasty and will be made again...

Thanks for looking. :becky:

All those look and sound really good.

I always put my meat on the outside. My fillings are cheese along with onions or roasted peppers, sometimes shredded zucchini, a few leaves of spinach, or even rice. The meat is added in larger chunks outside & covered with sauce.

Back