Where to get stainless steel chain?

L

LoveBBQ

I've built my first UDS and I have an idea for it that I need some stainless steel chain. It only needs to be lightweight stuff, 1/4" max, about 10' of it. I'll also need some s-hooks. None of the local stores I have been to have anything that small. And I've been searching for hours online and have been unsuccessful for whatever reason. Some places seem to have a minimum of 50' ordered unless they have some remnants laying around.

Some possible alternatives are braided stainless steel, but I think chain would work better. This is going to be used right at the heat source so I think stainless is likely a must have.

You can find regular chain in stainless form, or braided at Home Depot.It is in the aisle with the bolts,screws,etc.. Price is very good.

brickie

You can find regular chain in stainless form, or braided at Home Depot.It is in the aisle with the bolts,screws,etc.. Price is very good.

brickie
It is HUGE though for what I need. I guess if I can't find anything smaller I'll go with it, was hoping for something about half the size though.

Have you got an ACE Hardware handy? I have had success in the past with our local ACE for small chain.

Ace was a no-go, not one piece of stainless steel chain.

I'll look into McMaster-Carr.

What about brass-glo chain. Is that something to steer clear of like galvanized and zinc? Or is it usable?

Back