• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

My new Project.....

razrbakcrzy

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
:shocked:If found this old Lighting panel box from the 50's Heavy, Heavy material i know it at least 1/8" thic steel with a double walled back.. anf the top of it has a built in wire chase that will make the perfect outlet.

Going to line the entire bottom and up the walls 14" with 1/2 split fire brick and the bottom 14" of the door will also accept them. then pullout shelves every 8"-9" to the top.... I will make a rectangular fire basket to fit into the door and a diverter shield to sit just over it...Attach it to a nice trailer with a couple tables built on both sides, install a new Auber and (2) 20 cfm fans in paralle viola a cooking maching......:grin: :clap:

Also forgot I got the huge price of hauling it away, I love free......:wink:

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    48 KB · Views: 173
  • photo 3.jpg
    photo 3.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 173
Last edited:
Very kool build! I like using what you got and your ideas should make a pretty functional vertical. I also really like those 1/2 split firebricks, used them to line my firebox and they work great.

The first smoker I remember having was an old porcelain steel insulated fridge with a charcoal habatchi in the bottom, very small fire and vent holes in the top & bottom courtesy of a sledge & big screwdriver, just kept punching holes until we got it working. Made some good mullet & mackerel with that one!

Wow, great creativity!

Remember to post pics along the way!

thanks

:popcorn:

Back