KCBS Judging class in Lyons, GA on 8/20

jalon

Knows what a fatty is.
I wanted to say thanks to the folks who put on the class down in Lyons yesterday. They did a great job, I think everyone had fun (I had a blast!!) and it was extremely informative. I know that I need to get a few contests under my belt as a judge to really get a feel for it, but this class was a great start, and there were quite a few competitors there that wanted to see it from the judges view - a good idea as well, in my opinion.

It wasn't just someone smoking all the meats and then throwing it out there, they put in a few curveballs for prospective judges to try and catch - illegal garnish, improper cuts (left one judge short a sample at each table, but we shared afterward so he could still taste :-D) and a couple of other things.

Thanks again to Steven Smith (the Instructor), Tom, Alexa, and all those others who put it on, fabulous job!! :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Jalon

Agreed. I had a very good time and got to meet a whole bunch of really good people. I thought Steve did a wonderful job teaching the class. He was able to get input/feedback from individuals that scored different than others without alienating. Tough thing to do.

Long drive for me (probably the longest in the class) but that's ok. Well worth it.

Russ

Welcome to the KCBS judging crew! Please take your role seriously. Read up on and study judging. It is a practice and you'll improve with experience and more input. The class is just the start of the journey -- the ABC's -- there's lots more to learn. Enjoy!

Hub

Back