<<Pron>> Injected, Rubbed, Rubbed and Injected Butt<<Pron>>

1_T_Scot

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
I am doing 3 butts on the CA (Cheap Arse) ceramic. Wanted to try 2 comercial rubs to see how they compared with the homeade rubs. I also tried a plain butt just injected with AJ.

Here is the begining pron.
InjectingButt9_21.jpg

One on the left is just going to be injected.

PlainandRubedBurgandyRub9_21.jpg

One on the right Injected and rubbed with the weber rub.

RubbedwithRibChicken9_21.jpg

This one rubbed Last night with the Durkee Chicken and rib rub.

You can't go wrong with AJ/salt injection then rub with brown sugar and your favorite rub

I forgot to post the Pics of the rub.

RubPic9_21.jpg

Just experimenting today. All three are eventually going to end up mixed together and served at a block party.

I've never tried any of the Weber rubs. Looking forward to your report.

Looks good so far.

I tried the weber rub mixed with some burger last night. It had a pretty good flavor I didn't use enough however. Acutally I bought it so I could fill it with home made rub.

Had to get quick Pron shots. All where hungry.

9_21_08_5RubbedwithChickenandrib.jpg

9_21_08_6Pulling.jpg

9_21_08_72pulled.jpg

The Durkee Rib and Chicken rub was pretty good. I lost a lot of the flavor, When putting it on I would have thought it would have been the most flavorfull.

The Weber rub was really good after smoking we could all taste the spices etc... I think it could have been a little sweeter for my taste but everyone thought it was good. I think it would be really good on a Brisket. I'm going to try that when I get back from a buisness trip that I'm leaving on tomorrow.

The plain butt also was good I didn't notice the injection of AJ making it any moister or any flavor from it.

Back