To expand on Hot link Thread

How do you cook links?

• Low and slow all the way

Votes: 9 42.9%
  • Beer and onion bath on heat and then Grill to finish

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Straight Grilling

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • Low and slow ,slice ,sauce in aluminum pan and back on smoker.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Norcoredneck

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
I want to run a poll
What is your method of cooking links.

I have really only tried grilling. I think I may have tries smoking (low ans slow).... but it has been a while.

I voted low and slow (when smoking something else), however, I grill them when that's what's for dinner and all that I'm cooking...

How I did it as filler food. Seems when bringing other meats people have to take some of each. This cut down on overall cost.
IMG_2675.jpg

I abstained, since I like all of the options depending on the sausage and what I'm planning to use it for.

For a basic cook I cook smoke them low and slow, and they become snacks during the brisket or butt cook.

I choose straight grilling. I figure it's probably better than gay grilling.

LOL!:lol: Jason, it's okay man. The courts in California are now in your favor.:razz:

I used to grill them, but now I typically smoke them low & slow.

I guess I fit into the low and slow, because grilling is too hot for me to handle. I use a raised grate and cook direct over a lower temp fire, about 275*. I watch for them to sweat, then plump up; then I really watch them close, even lowering the pit temp sometimes. I'm okay if they spit a little, but I never want them to split at all.

DSC01892a.jpg

NTTAWWT :icon_clown

I prefer grilling then a beer and onion bath. Smoking the hot links Jorge brought to the Royal is a close second. :-D

I'm too impatient for the low and slow method when it comes to my hot links.:razz:
I grill them over a low heat so as to not burst them open, then like Thirdeye, when they start to sweat I watch them very closely.
Love those hot links!:lol:

Norco not to hijack this thread........Anybody ever fry them in butter?

Heart attack on a platter.

Brats in a bath and then grilled for sure.

Hot Links...straight to the grill...then my stomach...

Back