Roquefort, Lardon, Mushroom, & Onion Melt

CharredApron

Babbling Farker

Batch Image
Reaction score
Having a hard time getting hamburger buns so I guess I will be baking my own soon. In the mean time I have been making patty melts. Last night I had some Roquefort cheese and lardon left over and it seemed like a good time to make a burger. I mixed the lardon into the chuck I ground last week with some short rib and made a nice patty.

Sauteed some onion and mushroom in butter.

Fired up the UFO and got jiggy with it!

Grilled the Roquefort on 2 slices of crusty French bread with a bit of Brie too.

The Hammy Burger was done so I pulled it off the grill and let it drain on some paper towel

Plated with some Croquettas and devoured soon thereafter.

Thanks for lookin! :biggrin1:

Dang that looks good! I like this croquettas, you make those Jed?

That looks Awesome!! It's 7:30 am and my stomach is growling! One question...How is it possible that you can't find a decent bun in France? I get the fact that maybe there are not a lot of burger joints, but some type of bun???

Dang that looks good! I like this croquettas, you make those Jed?

I do make them, but these were frozen from the market.

Wow! That cheese shot almost made me weep. Bet that Burger was awesome, Jed.

The cheese here is awesome.

That looks Awesome!! It's 7:30 am and my stomach is growling! One question...How is it possible that you can't find a decent bun in France? I get the fact that maybe there are not a lot of burger joints, but some type of bun???

There are so many bakeries around, but they mostly do loaves and pastries. There are hamburger buns in the chain grocery stores but I tried them once and they truly sucked. Brioche buns are available but they are slightly sweet and not my idea of a burger bun. I bought the stuff to make my own today. That's today's cooking chore.

Give my best to Short Stuff! Good to hear from you! Hope all is well!

Looks good Jed, real cheese (and not from Publix) and real butter.What`s the difference between a croquetta and a croquette?Maybe one is Spanish that includes ham and one not?I have hand rolled thousands but we used the word croquette on the menu that did not include ham as it was the starch for the plate.Hope all is well for you there and we are still morning the loss of another Florida tax payer.Tim.

Looks good Jed, real cheese (and not from Publix) and real butter.What`s the difference between a croquetta and a croquette?Maybe one is Spanish that includes ham and one not?I have hand rolled thousands but we used the word croquette on the menu that did not include ham as it was the starch for the plate.Hope all is well for you there and we are still morning the loss of another Florida tax payer.Tim.
Tim, these are made with ham or shrimp sometimes. It is stiffly mashed potato and usually run through a pastry bag and then rolled in bread crumb and then deep fried. I like them plain or with ham. But really they are much the same as the Spanish or Cuban version.

damn that looks good! gonna have to add some of my homemade bacon to my ground beef next burger time.

Back