Where to buy rubs (cheapest site)

bggarric

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
So I'm finally the proud owner of a Primo ceramic grill! Unfortunately I didn't buy the nest with it because I'm planning on building a table, so I can't really use the grill until I've built my table.

What I CAN do is stock up on all of the goodies that I've been reading about that everyone uses.

I've decided I'd like to start out trying the Dizzy Pig rubs and Yardbird since both seem to be pretty popular with everyone on the site.

Are there any places that sell these rubs cheaper than others?

Thanks for the help!

previously mentioned yardbird, bovine bold, the jerk (havent tried that yet), but the other plowboys are awesome... on everything, www.arizonarub.com has some good stuff. if you look for "butt glitter" on here that's pretty awesome put it together yourself rub

So I'm finally the proud owner of a Primo ceramic grill! Unfortunately I didn't buy the nest with it because I'm planning on building a table, so I can't really use the grill until I've built my table.

What I CAN do is stock up on all of the goodies that I've been reading about that everyone uses.

I've decided I'd like to start out trying the Dizzy Pig rubs and Yardbird since both seem to be pretty popular with everyone on the site.

Are there any places that sell these rubs cheaper than others?

Thanks for the help!
If you ever find yourself up at Myrtle Beach, they have a Bass Pro Shop which carries the Plowboys' products at a good price and, obviously, no shipping.

this is a tricky question because a site that may have a slightly cheaper price may have higher shipping which won't be known at first look.

Also, consider supporting some of the Brethren that produce &/or sell rubs in the Brethren Ventures section as they help support the site with their sub-forums.

I've actually started a spreadsheet for the purpose of finding the website with the best prices including shipping, specials, etc. Typically, for any rub chosen, the base price per ounce is similar across many websites. The shipping is where things change and unless ordering a large quantity, the price per ounce can get pretty high. I choose to support both the brethren vendors and my local business owners by purchasing my rubs/sauces at a BBQ store in my area to bypass the shipping. If you are not lucky enough to have a BBQ store close by, try one of the big stores (Bass Pro, Cabella's, etc) as many of the Brethren sell their rubs at these places. The rubs the Brethren vendors sell are some of the best in the world...if location is an issue and you're ordering a large quantity pay the shipping and let them take care of you.

Last edited:
Why would you even consider buying a rub when you can make a rub? That is all there doing. If I were you I would take a basic rub off the Internet or take Mike Mills Magic Dust and alter it the way you like it. If it's to sweet cut the sugar or if it's to hot cut the pepper etc. Make sure you write the recipe down each time and then you know where you stand.

DP has a great little sampler package with a nice description of each. Would give you an idea what you like. Ragin River is great on salmon, IMO.

Second the choice of Yardbird - I am not in comp but still bought 5# since they said it would keep.

I buy directly from DP and Great Lakes BBQ for Yardbird.

greatlakesbbqsupply.com is my go to place. Decent prices, great service. They carry a great selection, including the Simply Marvelous line, which is another must have.

I have not used Dizzy Pig, but all of Plowboy's and Simply Marvelous rubs are awesome!

greatlakesbbqsupply.com is my go to place. Decent prices, great service. They carry a great selection, including the Simply Marvelous line, which is another must have.

I have not used Dizzy Pig, but all of Plowboy's and Simply Marvelous rubs are awesome!

Ditto

Check out 3EYZS rubs in the Brethren ventures. Dan is tearing up the comps and his product is excellent on everything. If you know of a competition in your area where a favorite rub maker is competing, you can also pick up rubs there without shipping. dizzy Pig, Plowboys and 3EYZ have great stuff.

great lakes for most of my stuff, also kansascitybarbequestore.com....lets see, plowboys are needed in both varieties, while you're at it might as well stock up on any and all varieties of simply marvelous, cuz as the name implies. Anything obie-cue, i have pretty much the whole line up, but my go to is sunshine for everything.

Check out 3EYZS rubs in the Brethren ventures. Dan is tearing up the comps and his product is excellent on everything. If you know of a competition in your area where a favorite rub maker is competing, you can also pick up rubs there without shipping. dizzy Pig, Plowboys and 3EYZ have great stuff.

Beer Guy...Great point!! :clap2::clap2: I neglected to mention that in my diatribe above. This is probably one of the best sources as you can speak to the makers of the product directly and, if lucky, maybe even try the product on some of their finished meat.

Check out my store too....in the brethern sals and info bigpoppasmokers.com Im loving 3 eys and we have a ton of stuff

Back