Any good rubs I can buy in stores that aren't name brand?

ClintHTX

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Title. Looking for different rubs to try out that I can buy in store and not online.

Nice title :p
Weber has some good rubs.
Good old Lawreys is pretty good albeit a little salty

Paul

The Bone Sucking rub is pretty good. John Henry's is really good if you can find it. I've found John Henry's at my local Dutch Oven. I've found the Bone Sucking rub at the outlet mall kitchen store. I thinks it's called Gpurmet Chef.

HEB carries "Fiesta" brand spices, they are good and fresh due to high turnover. The low sodium brisket rub, pork rub, and rib rub are all good.

IMO, the chicken rubs are too salty.

Give 'em a try though.

Thanks guys I'll see what I can find. New to Qing trying to expand my horizon!

Why don't you want to use any of the online brands? We have several very good sources of rubs here on the forum. Just check the "Brethren Sales and Ventures" section. They have good prices and very fast service.

One thing I've found Carl, is that slot of the store bought rubs are salt based rather than sugar or spice based. Check the ingredient list before you put on your product.

One thing I've found Carl, is that slot of the store bought rubs are salt based rather than sugar or spice based. Check the ingredient list before you put on your product.

Totally agree be very careful, read the ingredient section before you select.

Big thumbs up to Steph's Christmas discount here on the forum through this weekend; and his SM rubs are wow good on some BBs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another good one is Texas BBQ Rub unfortunately Its another Internet rub, but a good one for briskets especially.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i just got done making a rack of BB on my mini UDS. It was kinda a last minute deal, so I had to use what was available at someone else's house - long story. However this person had some McCormick's pork rub, the type that comes in that nifty short container. They have chicken and steak rub too. So I used that, and it was actually very good. It smelled and tasted like the real deal. And the ribs were OFF THE HOOK.

Back