MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Catering, Food Handling and Awareness

Notices

Catering, Food Handling and Awareness *OnTopic* Forum to educate us on safe food handling. Not specifically for Catering or competition but overall health and keeping our families safe too.

Old 01-18-2013, 11:48 AM   #1
erandolph
Knows what a fatty is.

Default Beer, Bourbon, BBQ and Brethren

We will be toting the brethren flag into battle next week so to speak as we participate in the Beer, Bourbon and BBQ event in NYC on January 26th. We will be the only non-restaurant at the event. Not so much of a contest persay but it will come down to who can make the best food and move the most people. While we are a catering and competition team we want to show that the smaller local guy can still offer a great if not better product. What we lack in resources we make up for in talent and hustle.

If any fellow brethren are going to be at the event, please stop by the Handsome Devil booth and say Hi. Most likely I will be outside tending to the smokers, introduce yourself before you head inside.

Good event. ticket prices include unlimited beer and bourbon tastings and food samples. Can find out more at www.beerandbourbon.com

Use discount code FATCAT to get $10 off your ticket price.

Keep those fires burning,

--Ed
erandolph is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-19-2013, 11:12 AM   #2
BigBellyBBQ
is One Chatty Farker

good luck and have some fun!

Old 01-27-2013, 01:10 AM   #3
gaspipe1
Full Fledged Farker

Dam I just read this. I would have loved to have gone. Hope you crushed it!! I need to look into this and add it to my phone for next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
gaspipe1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-28-2013, 10:07 AM   #4
erandolph
Knows what a fatty is.

Just wanted to let everyone know that event went really well and we put the smackdown on the competition. Were giving out samples for the first session and had the organizers stop by our booth and ask if we could make smaller portions. People were speaking highly about our food and they wanted to have enough to go around. They gave me an extra case of forks and plates. For the second session we punished the competition and the tasting tickets proved it. Great to hear the people counting the tickets say you guys "buried" Hill Country restaurant.

keep those fires burining brethren and continue putting out a great product..

Old 01-28-2013, 06:26 PM   #5
JimmyDAL
is one Smokin' Farker

Awesome!
JimmyDAL is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-03-2013, 10:18 AM   #6
Smokin Patriots
Full Fledged Farker

Any pics?

Old 02-03-2013, 10:53 AM   #7
jerry
Found some matches.

I was also in new york we were the guys that cooked the pigs out side by the front door and it was cold as i have been in some time
jerry is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-13-2013, 07:38 AM   #8
erandolph
Knows what a fatty is.

Default couple pics

A few photos attached. First session people were swarmed around the trailer waiting on street to get in. For the second session it was even more mobbed and we started selling some product to those waiting to take advantage of the situation..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo.jpg (59.2 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg photo (3).jpg (22.5 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg photo (1).jpg (31.4 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg photo (4).jpg (39.0 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg photo (5).jpg (34.0 KB, 34 views)