Does anyone have a big green egg nest like this?

CDale

Found some matches.
Reaction score
I'm in the market for a large BGE and saw this nest? Anyone ever used a nest like this? It looks a bit more stable than the BGE factory nest.

Attachments

• IMG_0205.jpg
    IMG_0205.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 474
thecookers_zpsf2084afb.jpg

We have been using the stock one with a modification to the wheels, which has made it more stable. That one is a nice nest though. From BGE?

thecookers_zpsf2084afb.jpg

We have been using the stock one with a modification to the wheels, which has made it more stable. That one is a nice nest though. From BGE?

I don't know who makes the nest but I don't think it is BGE. I'm going to go by the store later this week and I'll let you know.

I just bought a Large BGE, family is holding it for me, it's still in another town where I bought it on sale at sams, haven't been able to coordinate and pick it up. But I've been looking into the customized tables.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 386
The best I've seen for a nest type (not cart) is the one on their Kamado under their own store brand Outdoor Gourmet at Academy Sport.
10139286.jpg

Not a BGE but similar cart

Similarly different cart

Last edited:
I'm in the market for a large BGE and saw this nest? Anyone ever used a nest like this? It looks a bit more stable than the BGE factory nest.

Just looking at that showroom flooring, I don't think any of those Eggs are very stable, no matter what nest they are in. Red flags!

I recently added Handlers to all 3 of my L's.

Are you very handy? Id like to suggest building your own cart/table. Make it however you would like! Here is mine

IMG_20130504_091832_973-1.jpg

I wanted to be able to remove the BGE and roll it on its own if needed, so I kept the nest and wheel assembly together and secured it with these heim joint rods and screw in handles at the frame.

6heimstabilizer2.jpg

8nestbracket1.jpg

13donefront.jpg

I picked up the setup yesterday afternoon. The nest is very stable and rolls easily. The salesman at the store didn't know who made the nest but he said they got it from a distributor, Paragon Outdoor Living.

I think eventually we will put build an area off the deck with paving stones for BGE. While the BGE is on the deck should there be a grill mat or something under the egg? If so, where can I get a one. Home Depot, Lowes?

Attachments

• IMG_0207.jpg
    IMG_0207.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 168
Last edited:
I picked up the setup yesterday afternoon. The nest is very stable and rolls easily. The salesman at the store didn't know who made the nest but he said they got it from a distributor, Paragon Outdoor Living.

I think eventually we will put build an area of the deck with paving stones for BGE. While the BGE is on the deck should there be a grill mat or something under the egg? If so, where can I get a one. Home Depot, Lowes?
I think leaving the cat-style grease catcher will alleviate most of your fire risk.

A grilling mat is never a bad idea when on a wood deck. You can get them at your local stores like Lowes and Home Depot for 20 or 25 bucks normally.

Back