Vortex Thighs

SirPorkaLot

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Dinner: Vortex Chicken Thighs seasoned with Chicken Salt and Q-Salt.

27fd1ad5c4103e465cb645a3b505256b.jpg

6b85623c2983e1bafede8cf2d8a079d9.jpg

Served with roasted yellow Cauliflower

0723424a7c3907540ed74cc7ae0081e5.jpg

Looks great! Question: Those look more like backs than thighs. Every time I buy a pack of thighs, they are backs. Do you find the same?

I mostly buy chicken quarters any more, drums and thighs still connected, usually the best price.

Beautiful thighs John!!!

Well, not yers, the chickens..

Another member of your admiration society.
Good looking chook

The thread title reminded me of a nice young lady from Austin...Anyway - chix looks great! The vortex and q-salt figure in to many meals here at casa de gtr. My lovely wife and I talk about introducing cauliflower into the mix from time to time, gotta get on that.

Nicely done, John!

Big fan, John!

The Vortex continues to be a chicken machine... and when combined with your Naturiffic seasonings and some veg, it sure makes a mean plate.

I did a practice run for a competition with thighs using the vortex. Was hoping for a quick cook method. The skin on a couple curled up like I see on a couple of yours. I wish they would have al cooked more evenly, but the vortex is a wing cooking machine.

Good lookin chick, John. Love that chicken salt! Used it on some quarters earlier this week. Great flavor!

That looks great. I've had a lot of luck with my Vortex as well. It's a chicken cookin' machine/add-on.

Thigh is the part of the chicken I like best, and those look fried.

How long did you keep them on the grill using the vortex ?

Back