Broccoli-Cauliflower Cheese Soup, Christmas πŸŽ„πŸŽ…πŸ»πŸŽ„

I'm not a soup guy, but the rest of my fam loves broccoli and cheese soup. Looks like you've got it down.

I detest soup, but I’d eat a bowl of DAT!!!

Looks tasty! I'm glad I'm not the only one that adds hot sauce to soups (& everything else). My wife thinks I'm goofy. Maybe I am I guess, but that has nothing to do with the hot sauce...
I add hot sauce to nearly everything as well. Wife doesn't think I'm goofy, she thinks I'm crazy. She firmly believes that I've burned my taste buds from eating too much hot sauce. Not a true pepper head though, as raw Jalapeno is about my max tolerance heat level. I can eat hotter, but do not enjoy it.

Anybody ever have the top of their head itch when eating really hot chili's?

Not to completely thread derail, really like the soup Adams.

Robert

I love a good bowl of soup. Recipe Please

Here’s the original recipe. It’s not always followed exactly. Specifically the cream soup. There are several ways to thicken to a thicker texture. But sometimes use it but don’t make a special trip to fetch it. Granted it’s really good as written but Like most things I use it as a guide. Potato’s, grits, roux etc can add thickness

Last edited:
Not so much on The Brethren but recently some cooker specific sites I follow Smoked Queso has been featured ad nauseum. Just thinking that smoked queso would make a heck of a broccoli cauliflower soup.

And I’m not saying anything about the β€œe”

I haven't had a broccoli soup in forever, that looks delicious, and thank you very much for posting the recipie

When we were young we found ourselves in a restaurant in central Louisiana that served a free appetizer of roasted avocado asparagus soup. It was creamy but not chunky. They served a hush puppy unlike the round fried cornbread you normally think of today. It was round like a jumbo crayon about 2 inches long.

Eventually going to grill avocado halves and blend with smoked/grilled bacon wrapped asparagus. I’m under no illusion that it will trip my memory lane switch, but it will be edible.

Don’t forget, soup is soup. Use same or better cheeses, use same or add to broccoli (cauliflower-asparagus etc Top with Mexican cheeses, black or purple garlic but plain or roasted white.

I’ve even added grilled shrimp, roasted chicken

Works fine on its own but fun to play with

Last edited:
Back