What injectors are you guy's using?

• Thread starter smoke it if ya got it
  • Start date
S

smoke it if ya got it

OK I'm tired of this small 2 oz injector. What do you guy's suggest for an injector. I've looked around and I see a large variety from $5.00 all the way up to $195.00 for Myrons large injector that sucks out of a bucket. Just interested in what others are using.

I got sick & tired of the constant refills... I went big.

2010-12-30231120.jpg

2010-12-30231010.jpg

I got sick & tired of the constant refills... I went big.

2010-12-30231120.jpg

2010-12-30231010.jpg

Oh Yeah thats what i'm talking about! How hard was it to get a needle in the end of that sprayer? I think thats the best thing i've seen yet. I'm doing 25 butts in a few weeks and my 2oz one is just going to take all night which cuts into my fun time!

Knucklhead BBQ....would you mind sharing the secrets of that awesome contraption?

knucklehead- That's a pretty neat little setup, where did you get the needle for the pump-up sprayer?

Awesome!!! I have that exact sprayer in my garage - granted it has had weed killer in which might cause some off flavorings and pissed off judges. Perhaps I should buy a new one??? :crazy:

Please share the mod - I'm wondering if one of the needles I have saved from several broken injectors could be used?

I have been purchasing syringes and needles from a local supply place here in this area (Southern States) that are used for horses. Total cost of syringe and needle is about $2.10.

wallace

I got mine at a meat equipment supplier like The Sausage Maker in Buffalo, NY or Aidells out west. It's made for injecting brines. It has a probe about 5-6 inches and a nice point. Expect to spend 20-40 for a fairly decent one. I've found the ones in local stores just don't cut it and break often.

Attachments

• Syringe.JPG
    Syringe.JPG
    22.3 KB · Views: 130
  • Needle 16G.JPG
    Needle 16G.JPG
    30.5 KB · Views: 130
Back