• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

In Alaska - King Crab, Prime Rib, Jumbo Prawns, Deep Fried Halibut....ALL IN ONE MEAL!!!

AKMIMNAK

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Dudes. Fairbanks, Alaska. Turtle Club Restaurant. Back home visiting my family in my old stomping grounds. This iconic joint is pumping out some of the best eats in the state. If you ever get up here, you gotta try it! Plenty of pics and vid for your weekend eye feasting!!

Oh, and on top of the four meats listed, I threw in a mouthful of bacon bits on the way out the door just to say I'd had all those things......plus bacon......in the same meal :bow::bow::bow: :) Humorously, even the bacon bits were incredible! Legit smoked bacon, soft and crumbly. What a night!

Video (with some beautiful Alaskan scenery from the Tanana Valley too!): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAHLCJ7fsCA

I included a shot of their menu since some of you were asking about prices in Alaska in another thread. I'll update that thread as well. Market price on the crab leg dinner was $67.95.

Last edited:
It's disappointing even in Alaska they don't cook and serve live whole king crab and only serve frozen legs.

Looks like an awesome meal! It is surprising that Alaska doesn’t price its crab legs like Maine prices its lobster...?

The cracked windshield in the car is crazy....

Looks like an awesome meal! It is surprising that Alaska doesn’t price its crab legs like Maine prices its lobster...?

The cracked windshield in the car is crazy....

I guess I'm missing something. The crab price was Market which was the same as lobster in Maine. Now market price in the local market was far different than in the lower 48 (Maine - the deep south of the far north).

The "odd" thing for me was every time I've been in Alaska I've heard the only crab thats caught/served locally is the Dungeness. The other species are caught locally, sent out of state for processing then sent back in for sale. Not sure how true that is.

I guess I'm missing something. The crab price was Market which was the same as lobster in Maine. Now market price in the local market was far different than in the lower 48 (Maine - the deep south of the far north).

For sure local pricing in Maine is “market price” but unless you’re in the tourist traps of Maine, “market price” for lobster is nowhere near the price of those crab legs. We were just up in Maine in April and didn’t pay anything close to that price for lobster. Back here in VA, those market prices are closer to reality.

For sure local pricing in Maine is “market price” but unless you’re in the tourist traps of Maine, “market price” for lobster is nowhere near the price of those crab legs. We were just up in Maine in April and didn’t pay anything close to that price for lobster. Back here in VA, those market prices are closer to reality.

Makes me think the locals weren't pulling my leg when they said the only crab that stayed in state was Dungeness. That would explain the high price for the "local" catch.

Alaskan crab with some Alaskan Amber with some Alaskan sourdough. Yum.

You should go, George. We were there last year about this time. amazing weather, scenery and wildlife beyond expectations. The vistas we had of the tundra in Denali park will stay with me a lifetime - like walking into an issue of National geographic. The weather was clear so we saw Mt Denali in full half a dozen times, which is rare I hear.

Wish I would have known about this place when I spent a couple weeks at Eilson a few years back. :doh:

Envious! Way to make the best of a great opportunity!

I live in Juneau, I don’t know about the king crab in the grocery stores, but the two fish processors here only sell fresh crab. Live crab can be had if you go walk the docks and find the right boats. Usually we just go catch our own. But alas Fairbanks is a long way from salt water.

Looks like a great meal though

Man that looks like an incredible last meal. I hope you live to tell another tale...

Back