• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

KCBS Involvement

Arlie was not elected. Weaver,Bigler, Qualls, Fergola, Gutweniger, Berry were elected. Should make for an interesting year.

Maybe they could start by spelling Fergola correctly. The agenda has it Pergola. I didn't think membership elected a wooden patio cover to the board but then again that might not be a bad idea :wacko:

Arlie was not elected. Weaver,Bigler, Qualls, Fergola, Gutweniger, Berry were elected. Should make for an interesting year.

I believe he is next in line should there be a resignation at this weekend’s meeting

Then why is A Bragg responding to my email to the entire BOD?
In my years on the CBJ Committee if a member sent a question the committee all of the committee members were encouraged to answer to the committee chair but only the committee chair was allowed to answer to the member.
So is un-elected A Bragg Bod chair?
Any body remember when the newly elected members take their post?
Ed

Then why is A Bragg responding to my email to the entire BOD?
In my years on the CBJ Committee if a member sent a question the committee all of the committee members were encouraged to answer to the committee chair but only the committee chair was allowed to answer to the member.
So is un-elected A Bragg Bod chair?
Any body remember when the newly elected members take their post?
Ed

The first meeting of the new BOD was this weekend. Some encouraging actions from what I’ve heard.

Well that was something, don't know what, but it was something. Turned into the Cowboy Dennis show for a bit there, and I'm super stoked we could provide her Highness a free phone, "just for business use".
Who got up on the wrong side of the bed??? This guy.
Ed
Oh there was some good news, Ms. Weaver has and will be a worthy president.

Seemed like a pretty productive meeting by the minutes. Qualls doing exactly what he said he was going to do.

Well that was something, don't know what, but it was something. Turned into the Cowboy Dennis show for a bit there, and I'm super stoked we could provide her Highness a free phone, "just for business use".
Who got up on the wrong side of the bed??? This guy.
Ed
Oh there was some good news, Ms. Weaver has and will be a worthy president.

The CEO is Heath Hall.

The mp3s of the meetings are now available in the Members Area. Go to Resources>File Archive>Meeting Minutes .

When I have time I try to listen. It can help provide some context that isn't always clear in the written minutes. Over the years there have been a few winners;)

The mp3s of the meetings are now available in the Members Area. Go to Resources>File Archive>Meeting Minutes .

Is it just me getting old, or are the recordings virtually impossible to listen to? I had my volume cranked to 100, and was still barely able to discern any of the audio

Is it just me getting old, or are the recordings virtually impossible to listen to? I had my volume cranked to 100, and was still barely able to discern any of the audio

Not just you. The first meeting of the board is in Kansas City, and members are encouraged to attend. The gizmo in the center of the table didn't do a great job of picking everything up. The sound was better on day two. I'd expect subsequent meetings to be better, with the exception of those that forget to mute their phones.

On the other hand, if someone forgets, someone else drops a bomb...you might hear someone mutter "Oh, fark!" under their breath. Those meetings really can be like a box of chocolates:decision:

For members that have an interest in numbers, the election certification document might be of interest.

First, there was no evidence of Russian influence detected.

Second, the number of eligible voters is interesting for a couple of reasons. I'm not sure why the number of eligible voters is based on member data from 1/17/18? Domestic membership is listed as 15601, with international being 1777. From a high, based on my memory, of around 20k a few years ago that's a significant drop.

So that nobody misunderstands; I'm not discounting international members. This is just the first time I've seen a document that breaks down where membership is coming from. To compare apples to apples, international members need to be excluded to see what has occurred with domestic membership.

EDIT: The number of international members is actually 1652, with a third group from unknown location(s) of 870 members.

Last edited:
There was a pretty interesting exchange during the last meeting about the use of free memberships to drive up the membership numbers for marketing purposes.

Domestic membership is listed as 15601, with international being 1777. From a high, based on my memory, of around 20k a few years ago that's a significant drop.
Does that number include life members?

Back