Ciggy5

Reaction score
Just thought I share my Saturday cook with you guys, on my new WSM 22!:-o

No pics while cooking cause it was COLD Saturday and I didn't want to keep the lid off too long...

The first pic is of almost everything; 3 half racks of spare ribs, rib trimming from above the bone (I don't know the actual name) on the top right, and some "boneless ribs" on the bottom right, which looked to me like a strip loin with some slices in it... The bottom pic was of some burnt ends I made out of chuck roast which were good, but not done quite enough... All on pecan and hickory smoke. All in all, it was a great cook!

The WSM was great the whole time. Held right around 250F even though it was very cold and very windy all day long. I got through it on about 3/4 bag of Kingsford Blue, and about 8 chunks of wood.

What I will say is the dome thermometer was very off the mark... I just got a Thermoworks Smoke and I highly recommend it... It was tough parting with $100 for a temp probe, but it does its' job very well.

The beer is a blueberry ale which was really good and I highly recommend it. I'm not a fan of flavored beers but that one was really good.

Anyway, happy Monday!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 179
  • IMG_20170226_162803.jpg
    IMG_20170226_162803.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 176
  • IMG_20170304_200829.jpg
    IMG_20170304_200829.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 176
How's that blue point?! Haven't tried it yet. I see at the grocery store every once in a while BOGO.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Looks like you ate well over the weekend.

How's that blue point?! Haven't tried it yet. I see at the grocery store every once in a while BOGO.

Oh man it was good lol I'm not really into flavored ales, but I really like blueberry. It wasn't too much flavor either like it was a good beer with blueberry in the background. Highly recommended!

Oh man it was good lol I'm not really into flavored ales, but I really like blueberry. It wasn't too much flavor either like it was a good beer with blueberry in the background. Highly recommended!
Is it sweet?? Hoping it's not like a wine cooler, lol

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Back