3 bay sink or one large one?

Czarbecue

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Finally emptied out the closet or whatever it is that is part of my converted garage. I call it my meat locker since that’s where my deep freezer is. Behind all the rubbish is one of those laundry sinks. The entire room is 15’x6’.

Is this a good start to keep all my kitchen crap, spices, and meat? I’m not opening a restaurant or anything so a 3 compartment sink is not mandatory. But I would like to replace the sink since I can’t imagine washing anything in it as it is. Still need a good floor scrubbing and a coat of paint before I move all my pans and equipment in.

7d07ed82c8a9264965620e913d2d67c0.jpg

c441ea4b420fab22b598c3eab269e2df.jpg

I guess you'll be installing a waterproof backsplash over sheetrock and would not hurt to have it go floor to ceiling. Caulk the whole room around the floor. If any water hits the studs will invite termites and other critters. I guess I'm suggesting that you make at least half of it a wet room.

Depending on the water fixture you buy, a 2 sink would work with a pull down sprayer.

Good Luck!

Depends on the intended use. If it is mainly for the storage of equipment and freezer, I would ditch the sink and make room for organized storage.

Seems like a small room to use for food prep.

I've always liked a single bay easier to hand wash large pots and such.

I've been eyeing the ones that have a built-in lip around them that allow you to hang a cutting board, colander or drying rack right over the sink in a secured manner.

+1 for the one large sink. we have tried it both ways: multiple bay sinks and decided we like having that one big sink.

Depends on the intended use. If it is mainly for the storage of equipment and freezer, I would ditch the sink and make room for organized storage.

Seems like a small room to use for food prep.

My current kitchen was built in 1987 and features a top mount sink that is only 23” wide with two basins. For large cookie sheets and cutting boards I have to break out the saw horses and hose them out back. Hence the want for another sink without having to redo the kitchen and countertops.

I would get the single but make sure to get one with the drain board if space allows, you wont regret it!

1 big sink! Makes cleaning large sheet pans and pots so much easier. You could always stick a bin in the sink if you need to separate or soak smaller items.

For home use I'd definitely say 1 large sink. I hate cleaning pans or big cutting boards in a small sink.

Back