MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 07-29-2011, 07:48 AM   #16
Lake Dogs
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Hance

Awaiting the recipe!... Looks VERY interesting.
Was Lang 84DX, now Bubba Grills 250R and many Weber grills
Lake Dogs is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-29-2011, 01:06 PM   #17
J_Don
is One Chatty Farker

I knew you would chime in sooner or later. Thanks for the info. The recipe would also be appreciated here too!
Kenmore Elite Gasser w/ Rotisserie
Cajun Cooker (3)
UDS In Progress
[COLOR=#0000ff]BLUESMAN[/COLOR] Splashproof [COLOR=#0000ff]BLUE [/COLOR][COLOR=black]Thermapen :bow:[/COLOR]
H D FXSTD
J_Don is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-29-2011, 01:24 PM   #18
Grafixgibbs
is one Smokin' Farker

That sounds very good.

BBQ is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

KCBS Member
CBJ
55 gallon Texas Grill (deceased), CS-680 Louisiana Grill, Charbroil R2 unit, Weber Performer
Grafixgibbs is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-29-2011, 01:58 PM   #19
Cook
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Jay

You have the ingredient list...mix your own proportions.
Cook is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-29-2011, 05:28 PM   #20
Brian in Maine
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cook View Post
Ever been treated to Trinidadian oyster sauce? You've not lived until downing a few shooters in T&T.

I also like their dime sized oysters for this. Stateside you'd get laughed out of the oyster bar for serving those things...but boy they work great for shooters.
I once had a man work for me, whose wife was from Tobago Trinidad. He knew that I liked spicy food so he brought in some hot sauce that his wife had made. It was yellow, so I didn't think that it was dangerous. I put a few drops on my sandwich, and SWEET MOTHER OF NAPALM. I could barley breath. I learned the hard way never judge a sauce by it's color.

2 WSMs
2 OTG One red one black
22 1/2" black Bar-B-Kettle with rotisserie ring
Brinkman dual zone charcoal grill
Webber Silver Genises B
3 burner camp stove
Brian in Maine is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->
Old 07-29-2011, 10:27 PM   #21
Cook
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Jay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian in Maine View Post
I once had a man work for me, whose wife was from Tobago Trinidad. He knew that I liked spicy food so he brought in some hot sauce that his wife had made. It was yellow, so I didn't think that it was dangerous. I put a few drops on my sandwich, and SWEET MOTHER OF NAPALM. I could barley breath. I learned the hard way never judge a sauce by it's color.
LMAO

T&T has a great food culture. Every home has their own peppa sauce receipe(s)...just like the vinegar sauce that started this thread is no doubt fairly unique to the home in which it's made. The house next door will do it a bit differently.
Cook is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-05-2013, 09:55 PM   #22
foghat
Wandering around with a bag of matchlight, looking for a match.

Jamaican ‘Gravy’.

Ingredients.
2 shallots (spring onions),

6 garlic cloves,

2 cups Scotch bonnet chillies,

20 thyme sprigs,

1 tbsp whole pimento,

white vinegar sugar,

soy sauce

Before you make the sauce, you’ll need an old rum bottle, with a little bit of rum left in it. (You know that almost empty bottle of rum that your grandmother has in the back of her drinks cabinet? Yeah, steal that).

To make the sauce, trim the shallots, chop them into very small pieces and put them aside in a bowl. Peel the garlic and cut each clove into about five pieces. Cut the chillies into quarters, top to bottom. Snip the thyme sprigs into 1cm lengths.
Next, stuff the chillies, shallot, garlic, thyme sprigs, and pimento into the rum bottle. Try to stuff them in evenly, so all of the ingredients are distributed nicely.
Next top up the bottle with boiling vinegar and a couple of dashes of soy sauce. Add a few spoons of sugar into the bottle and screw on the lid. Turn the bottle upside down and back a few times, then top up the bottle with a bit more boiling vinegar, so that the vinegar reaches the very top. Put the bottle in a dark place and leave it for a month or so.
This stuff is insane. It’s like Jamaican Tabasco … except hotter.

source: http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/ne...te=1&p=1730427
foghat is offline   Reply With Quote