MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 12-15-2011, 01:57 PM   #1
dealm9
is one Smokin' Farker

Default anyone ever try this lump charcoal?

i thought i just posted a thread about this but it didnt show up so...

i just got turned onto doitbest.com from a thread about where to get smoking woods. i was looking around on it and the prices are great and i saw this and it really looks like a good deal for the price. anyone have any experience with this lump and have any comments on it, good or bad

Old 12-15-2011, 02:01 PM   #2
SirPorkaLot
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : John

It received a "Below Average" review on Nakedwhiz.com

http://www.nakedwhiz.com/lumpdatabase/lumpbag48.htm

Thanks from:--->
Old 12-15-2011, 02:03 PM   #3
dealm9
is one Smokin' Farker

i am not surprised. it looked a little sketchy but that is probably why it is so cheap. they have a 17.5 lb bag of RO lump which sounds good to me too so i will go with that instead

Old 12-15-2011, 02:04 PM   #4
southernstyle
is one Smokin' Farker

barbecue wood flavor?

Old 12-15-2011, 02:18 PM   #5
mcbrew13
On the road to being a farker

I order the RO briquettes quite a bit. I think they are great. Natural binder (clean burning), decent price (although it looks like it went up a little). Find a local hardware store for free shipping.

http://www.doitbest.com/Charcoal+and...sku-838136.dib
mcbrew13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-15-2011, 02:32 PM   #6
troytime
Full Fledged Farker

i've tried that. it shot so many sparks and embers out of the top of my chimney that I had to get the hose out and water down my neighbors back deck.

I threw a bag of it away.

I contacted the naked whiz guy about it, he said that his bag didn't do that - but i wasn't willing to try it again.
troytime is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-15-2011, 03:20 PM   #7
tish
Quintessential Chatty Farker

If you get the Royal Oak, be sure to look down near the UPC symbol for the country of origin. I learned this the hard way. The regular Royal Oak that's made in the U.S.A. is "highly recommended". The Royal Oak Steakhouse, and the Royal Oak made in Brazil are "recommended". The Royal Oak made in Argentina is rated "average". But the Royal Oak made in Paraguay is only rated "below average" according to user ratings on Naked Whiz. Buyer beware.
Bubba Keg, Weber Genesis E-310 NG
Mini WSM, Shhh!!! Michael's surprise
Cornflower Blue Thermapen Might not be the fastest, but it sure is the prettiest!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Proud recipient of a certifiably uncertified limited edition MOINK ball certificate!!
tish is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->
Old 12-15-2011, 03:27 PM   #8
Grillin AK
Found some matches.

Excellent info Tish. Thanks!
Grillin AK is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-15-2011, 04:14 PM   #9
dealm9
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tish View Post
If you get the Royal Oak, be sure to look down near the UPC symbol for the country of origin. I learned this the hard way. The regular Royal Oak that's made in the U.S.A. is "highly recommended". The Royal Oak Steakhouse, and the Royal Oak made in Brazil are "recommended". The Royal Oak made in Argentina is rated "average". But the Royal Oak made in Paraguay is only rated "below average" according to user ratings on Naked Whiz. Buyer beware.
yes thanks tish i noticed that too when browsing naked whiz's reviews. it's funny how they try and keep it hidden by writing it small on the bag. i am pretty surprised they have cowboy lump rated at above average, since i have seen so many bad reviews for it on this site about how it sparks and pops and has rocks and other junk in it

Old 12-15-2011, 08:27 PM   #10
southernstyle
is one Smokin' Farker

learn something new everyday. thanks tish.