Best Knives

IMHO - A person gets what they pay for. However, a recent issue of Chef's gave the the Forchner commercial/black handle knives a great review & they are pretty cheap! I bought some and agree. They are easy to sharpen and maintain an edge really well.

The Wustof or Henkel breands always work well. There are a million out there - just get a comfortable angle & handle.

IMHO - A person gets what they pay for. However, a recent issue of Chef's gave the the Forchner commercial/black handle knives a great review & they are pretty cheap! I bought some and agree. They are easy to sharpen and maintain an edge really well.

The Wustof or Henkel breands always work well. There are a million out there - just get a comfortable angle & handle.

Yep, the Forchners are some really good knives and the synthetic handles can take more abuse than wood.

I picked up a 12" slicer and it's what I use at comps. Sharp as all get out. Use it to slice falling apart brisket and ribs. I have about 6 different brands of knives. And a favorite for each different application. So get out there and hold some in your hand and decide how much or less you want to spend.

I concur! I have several of the Forschners

Last edited:
Do you use the slicer for both briskets and ribs??

Yep. Ribs are usually falling off the bone. It needs to be sharp or electric at the comps I go to. Judges like brisket and ribs that crumble or fall off the bone.

Check out Bark River Knives. Heck of a knife and they have a lifetime warranty to boot. Can't say enough good things about them and I use them for everything. I've gotten rid of all my other kitchen (and hunting) knives.

DLT

KSF

I agree OakPit!
I love my cheap Forchner knives, nothing better for the money
in my opinion. They hold a good edge and straighten out well.
I have a 10" Wustof slicer that I use for Brisket only. Very nice knife.

Weiser

America's Test Kitchen is right with the Victorinox fibrox handle models. I bought a bunch of different styles and they are all AMAZING and CHEAP!!

7" Santoku w/ graton, 12" slicer w/ granton, 6" boning, 8" chefs. All hold razor edge and sharpen up real nice.

Here's Mine
IMG_0669.JPG

The Wustof or Henkels brands always work well. There are a million out there - just get a comfortable angle & handle.

you just have to be careful when it comes to the Henkel brand.. the better quality knives have two men on them like this and are made in germany

logo_lt.gif

the lower quaity ones have only one man on them and are made in china.

the bonus of about buying a henckels is that there is always a lifetime warranty on the knife whether it it a cheap one or a quality one.

Back