***VOTE - BBQ Brethren "Vegetable" Throwdown - VOTE***

Who should win the "Vegetable" Throwdown?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bigabyte

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
It is time to decide the winner of the [size=+2]"Vegetable"[/size] Throwdown!

The winner will be announced after the poll closes on Saturday 1/16.

Click Here to go to the Throwdown thread for more pics/info on the entries.

[size=+2]ecode[/size]
ecode.jpg

[size=+2]Gore[/size]
Gore.jpg

[size=+2]ipls3355[/size]
ipls3355.jpg

[size=+2]Plowboy[/size]
Plowboy.jpg

[size=+2]Pork Smoker[/size]
Pork_Smoker.jpg

[size=+2]spiffs[/size]
spiffs.jpg

[size=+2]TriBob[/size]
TnBob.jpg

[size=+2]zydecopaws[/size]
zydecopaws.jpg

This one was very tough. I would happily devour any of these. However, the "closet vegetarian" in me had a total mouth orgasm over that Ratatouille Tart. Yeah, I like veggies, even had Baba Ghanoush at dinner. Forgive me Brethren!:cry:

Pork Smoker's pic did it for me. I could feel the little bit of snap and bite in those veggies and the colors just popped!!!

I just keep going back and forth between the tart and the asparagus.
Dang. Then again...I Can't decide!

Ok Ok. BTW, shouldn't that be "TnBob"?

ecode just made my mouth water with veggies! And that feels very strange.

Whoa, this Throwdown completely slipped by me. I gotta stop working so much......

This was a hard one for sure. Pork Smoker got my vote for that medley of veggies.

Gore gets an E for effort, I particularly liked the cold smoked parsley. :biggrin: Ipls3355's bacon wrapped pickle might be a cool alternative to deep fried pickles, I'm going to try that.

ecode gets the vote. Gore is a strong honorable mention.

Good one Gore. Sometimes ya don't need that much veg.

And I thought I would never vote for a Gore. That roast was perfectly cooked.

I had to vote for Gore's well executed use of parsley for garnish.

Good one Gore. Sometimes ya don't need that much veg.

Excuse me, it is a vegetable throwdown. The Prime Rib is the garnish ... gheesh!

And I thought I would never vote for a Gore. That roast was perfectly cooked.

Whoa, this Throwdown completely slipped by me. I gotta stop working so much......

This was a hard one for sure. Pork Smoker got my vote for that medley of veggies.

Gore gets an E for effort, I particularly liked the cold smoked parsley. :biggrin: Ipls3355's bacon wrapped pickle might be a cool alternative to deep fried pickles, I'm going to try that.

Thanks, the garnish also was perfectly cooked. Since this throwdown is almost over I'd like to thank thirdeye for his posting before Christmas with pics. Roast was on at about 225* until 124* (about 4 hours), then did a sear after a 20 minute rest. I didn't want to mention this before because this was about the PARSLEY and I didn't want to distract attention from the PARSLEY that was delicious and smoked to perfection.

Oh, and sounds like Chris is a Vegan! :biggrin:

Oh, and sounds like Chris is a Vegan! :biggrin:
It's a Jekyll and Hyde thing. One is vegan, the other is a gluttonous, ravenous, health-be-damned carnivore!:twisted:.

Only 8 hours left to vote on this one folks! It's been pretty close the whole way between ecode and Pork Smoker so far. Who will be crowned Vegetable champion? We'll know in another 8 hours.

I think everyone did a great job and each deserves a vote for trying. Maybe a closer shot would have helped zydecopaws.

Back