BigMista's SoCal Send Off Bash Saturday 8/4

gtr

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
A big part of this will be to hang out with Bigmista, who'll be moving up to Oregon. He sounded pretty sure he could make it last we talked, so I figure we'll go ahead and get it on the books. If anything changes, we'll just adapt and adjust. Regardless, I'd love to see y'all farkers anyway! Also since spring passed with no Bash, and now it's hotter than chit, it might be fun to stand around a bunch of fires. :shocked:

Come anytime - I got the house all to myself (wife and kiddees leaving to see her folks that morning).

If enough folks are coming, maybe I'll rotis a goat (we'll see how that goes :heh:)

All are welocme - new farkers, don't be shy! We have a great time at these things - the crew is absolutely outstanding and the food is fanfarkingtastic!

You can look in my signature line and see what all there is to cook on, so we're good in that dept.

I'd say everybody cook/bring what they want and we let the chips fall where they may - usually works out pretty well. :hungry:

Also feel free to bring nothing! We always have obscene amounts of food. Feel free to bring friends as well. Out of town farkers - I can put you up here - it won't be the first time we've had a house full of Brethren. frognot knows all about that and hopefully we'll be seeing ya! How cool would it be to get Phubar and Padawan back...

Let's do it! Who's in?

I am almost positive I'll make it. I'll try to talk the Mrs. into coming if it's not going to be insanely hot. Hope that 95% turns into 100% for Neil. Would love to say goodbye and good luck. Hanging out with the rest of the usual suspects is a bonus!

Marty, am I considered to be a usual suspect?

I'm in! Airfare booked and can bring some sausage like last time. Have a couple of packages of Conecuh that I got in Tennessee and can bring some from Texas.

Can do the bourbon, chocolate chip pecan pies again (aka Derby pie) if y'all want me too.

Got a copy of Neil's book that needs signing. Did y'all know he wrote a book?

https://www.amazon.com/Secret-Her-H...0810&sr=8-1&keywords=neil+strawder+the+secret

Yee hah!

Thanks for doing this, Greg!

Aug 4 looks open here, so very likely we'll make it! Might be good for us to make those Sriracha garlic wings everyone liked last time I was there...

:heh: Yall give BigMista a Big Hug for me (or a punch on the shoulder) :mrgreen:
When I was first checking out Drum Smokers I found a video of Neil running one on a small apartment balcony :shock: for some catering gig he had.......

^^^Hope it works out, G! Yer definitely welcome to crash at the house if you make it out this way.

Just noticed this. Will try to make it. If I can make it, should this be an in Saturday out Sunday trip? Or are people planning on doing other "stuff"?

Rock on Friends! Wish we could be there. Nothing quite like a SoCal Bash! :thumb:

You will be missed - buy you know this ain't gonna be the last one!

Just noticed this. Will try to make it. If I can make it, should this be an in Saturday out Sunday trip? Or are people planning on doing other "stuff"?

I got the house to myself all weekend starting Saturday morning, so if Bashing bleeds into Sunday, that'd be cool w/me.

Just saw this from Frognot. Hoping I can make it. Where are you in Culver City? PM me with your address so I can see if there is RV parking nearby. Thanks dude!

Dude! We'd love to have you! I'll PM you my address, but I'm sure you can just park in front of my house. My folks have done it before in their Road Trek.

Looking forward to seeing everybody! :whoo:

^^^you da man - thanks! You gotta come join us one of these days!

Back