MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Brethren Bashes

Notices

Brethren Bashes Bash Notes, Information on up and coming, Bash Bites.. etc..

Old 08-23-2018, 10:14 AM   #1
gtr
somebody shut me the fark up.

Default Pig Roast & Pot Luck Time Again! Sun. 9/2

Howdy Farkers!

Not really a Bash, but every year my lovely wife & kids and I have a Pig Roast & Pot Luck on the Sunday before Labor Day at our spot in Culver City, and a week from Sunday it'll be that time again.

All are welocme - old farkers, new farkers, spouses, kids, friends - it's all good!

We're telling folks to come at 4 and we'll be eating at 5, but as usual Brethren can come whenever they want! There'll be plenty of cooker space available if anyone wants to cook something up. My offset will be full of pig (not doing rotis this time as things have moved around in our yard and there isn't really space this year) but there'll be plenty of other cookers, grills, etc. available.

My lovely wife will have tie dye stuff going on if anyone wants to bring stuff (shirts, sheets, etc.) do do that with - I never do 'cause most of my clothes are black & I do most of my apparel shopping at BBQ joints anyway....

PM me if you need the address.

Hope to see y'all there!
50" Klose BYC, Spitjack XB85, 22.5 WSM, Backwoods Chubby, UDS, WRK, 26" & 22.5" Weber Kettles, Jumbo Joe, WGA, WSJ/MUDS, Kanka Grill, a piece of expanded metal I throw over the fire pit sometimes, Stealthy Black & Vol Orange Thermapens
Displaced East Tennesseean
Proud recipient of a Tick
Former outlaw MOINK baller, now IMBAS Certified, but still lookin' over my shoulder.
"Relax, it's only BBQ." - Bigmista, 2013
"Don't worry about playing a lot of notes. Just find one pretty one." - Miles Davis
WTFWGALD?
gtr is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-23-2018, 12:43 PM   #2
frognot

Name/Nickname : Charles

Sadly can't make this one but would love to attend a future one. The SoCal bash and an anniversary trip to San Diego in mid September have exhausted my travel funds to the West Coast.

Anybody in the area that weekend should check this out. Greg and Shannon are incredible hosts and this is such a fun party. It's a great opportunity to learn how to cook a whole hog and the food and company are amazing.

Large Big Green Egg

"If you really care about this place, you'll show some respect for it." deguerre

"Bludawg looks just like I thought he would. Frognot looks like Tuffy Stone's dad!" aawa

" . . . which includes frognot, who is a SoCal Pharker by now" gtr
frognot is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from: --->
Old 08-23-2018, 07:52 PM   #3
campdude
Babbling Farker

To anyone who has never made it to a pig party at Greg's (gtr), you should try to make it. It is one of the best BBQ party's of the year. A not to miss event. Always a fantastic group of people. You know I'll be there, Greg. I don't think Nancy will make, still to hot out for her to hang. I may bring an eater or two, not sure. I'll bring something to munch while piggy is smoking and probably a dessert. Is there anything I can bring that will be needed? Let me know. Looking forward to hanging out.

Last edited by campdude; 08-23-2018 at 08:54 PM..
campdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 11:18 AM   #4
gtr

^^^glad you'll be making it!

Bring whatever you like - it's always really great! And bring whoever you like as well!

I'll be doing the pig, Keri's Hog Apple Beans ('cause I'll be drawn and quartered if I don't ), lemon icebox pie ('cause I'll be drawn and quarted if I don't ), and probably busting out some sausage (homemade and some awesome links from frognot) & wings to snack on while waiting on the pig. Maybe a little slaw to throw on some pig sammiches.

Oh - since you asked - remember that potato salad y'all brought to Ray's? That was amazing...just thought I'd mention that...
50" Klose BYC, Spitjack XB85, 22.5 WSM, Backwoods Chubby, UDS, WRK, 26" & 22.5" Weber Kettles, Jumbo Joe, WGA, WSJ/MUDS, Kanka Grill, a piece of expanded metal I throw over the fire pit sometimes, Stealthy Black & Vol Orange Thermapens
Former outlaw MOINK baller, now IMBAS Certified, but still lookin' over my shoulder.
"Don't worry about playing a lot of notes. Just find one pretty one." - Miles Davis
WTFWGALD?
Old 08-24-2018, 02:36 PM   #5
campdude
Babbling Farker

Oh - since you asked - remember that potato salad y'all brought to Ray's? That was amazing...just thought I'd mention that...[/QUOTE]

I can certainly bring potato salad. I'll whip up a dessert also. I can bring some XXX hot wing sauce if you're interested.
Old 08-24-2018, 04:49 PM   #6
gtr

^^^I'm interested!

I'll do 3 different levels of wings - no heat, Frank's heat, and Marty's blow yer farkin face off heat.

I'll get some ranch.
WTFWGALD?
Old 08-24-2018, 05:40 PM   #7
campdude
Babbling Farker

I think this might only be X hot not XXX hot! I don't remember if "1" was the original formula or if it was batch 1 of the newer formula. Either way It's very tasty.
Old 08-25-2018, 04:42 PM   #8
GVDub
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : George

I'm kind of a shy type when I'm not onstage with a guitar in hand, and the idea of meeting a whole bunch of new folks at once kinda gives me the willie's, but this is really tempting, as a new farker around here.
Old 08-25-2018, 06:18 PM   #9
gtr

^^^come on by - I'm a guy who hangs around musicians, i.e. a drummer.

My (biased) opinion is we're a pretty easy group of folks to hang out with, and there's always a good amount of musicians - except on that day we're all basically just bottomless pits where food and beverages dissappear.

All the SoCal farkers here met for the first time at Bashes and other events like this and we've all had many, many great times over the years, so if you like to eat, yap, laugh yer azz off, etc. then come on by!
WTFWGALD?
Old 08-25-2018, 06:18 PM   #10
campdude
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GVDub View Post
I'm kind of a shy type when I'm not onstage with a guitar in hand, and the idea of meeting a whole bunch of new folks at once kinda gives me the willie's, but this is really tempting, as a new farker around here.
It's a very welcoming crowd. I felt the same way the first time I went over to Greg's house. I didn't know anyone, now I have some very good friends. Come on by, have some great Q, and chill!
Old 08-25-2018, 06:44 PM   #11
GVDub
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : George

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtr View Post
^^^come on by - I'm a guy who hangs around musicians, i.e. a drummer.
I used to play with John Guerin's son, Shaun, and got a lecture about drummer jokes once from John.

I'll PM for the location, and if we still have the surplus of home grown tomatoes we're currently running, may bring salsa or just sliced tomatoes in Bordeaux cherry vinaigrette.
Old 08-25-2018, 07:33 PM   #12
gtr

John Guerin's a farking monster drummer!

Looking forward to meeting you next week!

Home grown tomatoes? You're talkin' our language!
WTFWGALD?
Old 08-26-2018, 11:40 AM   #13
frognot

Name/Nickname : Charles

Quote:
Originally Posted by GVDub View Post
George, I can guarantee that you'll have a blast. You don't want to miss this.

Large Big Green Egg

"If you really care about this place, you'll show some respect for it." deguerre

"Bludawg looks just like I thought he would. Frognot looks like Tuffy Stone's dad!" aawa

" . . . which includes frognot, who is a SoCal Pharker by now" gtr
frognot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 02:51 PM   #14
LYU370

I'm sure the Cali guys are even more laid back than us midwest guys. I got to meet a bunch of brethren at the first St. Louis Bash a few months ago. Met Greg (gtr) at the first Chicago Bash I went to three years ago. I'm normally a shy guy too, but I'm headed down for my first Texas Bash.

Just go! You'll have blast.

FEC100 - Big Joe - Weber Spirit II Gasser

Are you ready for a THROWDOWN?!?!? Join us, It's a BLAST!!

Join us for the Inaugural 2024 South East Bash - May 2024 Tennessee - Sign Up Link
LYU370 is online now   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->
Old 08-27-2018, 08:31 AM   #15
PatAttack

Where's the farking pics or "evidence" from this Bash???

22" WSM
22" Weber Gold
Weber Smoky Joe
Weber Gasser
Rec-Tec 590
PatAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->