• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

What would you like to see on a contest web site?

B

Buster Dog BBQ

Last year we had a couple times where we didn't receive any packets in the mail before a contest and other times where web sites for contest didn't have a lot of information. So my question is. What would you like contest to include on their sites?

For me it would be in no particular order.
1. Entry form
2. Map
3. List of other teams
4. Layout of location with possible spot assignments
5. Close by grocery stores
6. Any last minute information such as contruction, detours, etc.
7. Prize money allocations

Check in time and check out time... I hate finding out on Friday morning that they expect us out of our spots by a certain time. Or even worse that we can't leave because of crowds...

The basics though: ice, water, electric being supplied by generator or how?

1) A contact person that will repond to questions

2) Any additional categories with any specific rules, guide lines, and turn in information.

3) What time are awards? Any specic info with regard to departure times.

Last edited:
The above plus:
Pictures of last year's set up so we can see if spots are on grass, asphalt, concrete, gravel, etc - see if it's shady or sunny, etc. And/or provide a Google Maps link so we can see an overhead of the comp site.

A forum, opt-in email notification everytime another team signs up, secured credit card payment form, live webcam show of the awards ceremony, gaming ... OK, just kidding about these.

My Team name as returning past GC five years running....... Off to the Cyberbar....

Last year we had a couple times where we didn't receive any packets in the mail before a contest and other times where web sites for contest didn't have a lot of information. So my question is. What would you like contest to include on their sites?

1. Entry form
2. Map
3. List of other teams

I like all of these.
Maybe add eletricity and water locations.
I would really like to see more site assignments from contests. That way i can tell if I need to be there early to wedge my trailer in or not.

1. Entry form
2. Map
3. List of other teams

I like all of these.
Maybe add eletricity and water locations.
I would really like to see more site assignments from contests. That way i can tell if I need to be there early to wedge my trailer in or not.

As an organizer, I can tell you that many of these are great ideas. We try to get the packets out the week before and many of these issues still are not decided until the Thursday before.
Case in point, we had a team tell us they would think about coming to our contest and get back to us the next day. This was a week before the contest. They did not get back to us, so we set of Thursday evening to mark the areas for the amount of space each team requested and to meet with the electrician to show him where the power was to be run according to requests. As well as run fencing around the area. Well we just get done and our phone rings and it is the team that was supposed to call a week early sayiong they would be coming. So we now need to reassign spots, move our trailer out of the area in order to allow this team in. We are happy to do it, but anything published for us concerning where the teams are or who they are could get confusing.
As a team competing I like to get our entry form in as early as possible so the organizer knows we are coming and can place us where they want. I understand not wanting to lay out a lot of cash several months before, but last minute teams prevent alot of information being disbursed. Case in point was a contest that we did in Mo. and two weeks leading up to the contest we got no more than 5 maps that had been changed. Then when we got their they said park anywhere you want.
Sorry just realized this went so long. Just my two pesos

I agree on getting forms in early so that organizers can get everything announced. We could not announce a prize purse til right before our contest last year because we did not have a solid idea for numbers of teams.

Back