Lambwich (pron)

Fatback Joe

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I had been craving lamb all week for some reason and knew exactly what I wanted. A lamb sandwich done cheesesteak style.....or a lambwich as I call it at home. I had several boneless legs that I stocked up on when I found them for $2.99/lb a while back, so threw it in the fridge to thaw during the week. This one was just a bit over 4 lbs.

Saturday finally got here and I unwrapped and trimmed it up a bit more.

Raw_zpsebd9dc4d.jpg

Gave it a rub down with EVOO and a simple rub of K. Salt, CBP, garlic powder, ground rosemary, and thyme. Tied it up and gave it a rest in the fridge for a couple of hours.

Seasonedandtied_zps3dbcebca.jpg

Into the smoker with hickory wood for the smoke and let it go until it hit 140 IT.

Smoked_zps6ea3cb61.jpg

Cooled it down and wrapped it back up and put in the fridge over night to let it firm up a bit for it's date with the Hobart. Sunday morning, ran it through the slicer.

Sliced_zpscb8841f8.jpg

Sliced some onion and threw in the CI with some EVOO and butter until they softened up and got a bit of color.

Onion_zpsa5b6d1e2.jpg

Normally I would just dump the lamb in with the onions towards the end, but not everyone in the house wants the onions on there. :loco: So, a serving of lamb into the pan to brown up a bit.

Meat_zpsd3d482a8.jpg

Toasted some bread at the meat was browning then loaded it up.

Nocheese_zpsd4ecfa0b.jpg

Just needed the cheese now. Planned on provolone for this, but since the green spots outnumbered the white spots, went with some white american and then threw baby swiss on top of that and in the oven to melt it a bit.

Withcheese_zps2d105967.jpg

Sliced and dug in.

Eat_zps4ffc1760.jpg

Good eating. Think I just might have to hit the store for some provolone on the way home tonight and have a repeat.

Thanks for lookin'.

I misread the op as cheesecake style. That would have been something.:shock: Looks great.

That is one beautiful sammich. Add that to the list of ideas I'm stealing.

I loooove lamb! Do you deliver? :becky:

Great stuff!!

Try a sammie with the lamb unbrowned, with fresh sliced tomatoes and s& white pepper simply, or with tomato chutney or ketchup only for a down home family classic from downunder.
Toasted, very hard to beat!
:clap:

Back