Injector used on Pitmasters

SmokinOkie

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
So I'm sure we saw all the little details, I have a question.

Anyone else use a garden sprayer to inject?

I'm interested in the thumb controller nozzle/injector he used.

I've got the No Cents injecter, but the nozzle/level is pretty much worthless.

Looking for ideas how to make the thumb controller model we saw with small injectors.

I use it when I'm doing a bunch of butts or a whole hog?

Appreciate any Rube Goldberg ideas.

Russ

It looked to me that Roda was using a standard sprayer with a Stainless tube and compression fitting adapter. Probably pretty easy to build. I'll bet it was a time saver for sure.

I have a customer who injects and frys around 100 turkeys every year at Christmas and gives them out as gifts to his customers. He uses a spray gun to inject with as he has a pressurized tank with injection in it. Check www.spray.com model 36.

I cannot find their Model 36, even put Model 36 in their search box and nothing. Could you go to the page and then copy the URL address into your return message so I could go and look at it.

I have a customer who injects and frys around 100 turkeys every year at Christmas and gives them out as gifts to his customers. He uses a spray gun to inject with as he has a pressurized tank with injection in it. Check www.spray.com model 36.

Looks like a Blowgun you get at a hardware store that you would hook up to an air compressor to me.

Jules

Are U up to sharing pictures and your building instructions with us?

What are you using for a needle? I cannot see what is on the end of your hose.

I'm Leary of using NON-NSF plastic for food use. Especially with liquids.

Check out this website. I bought the one for the gallon sprayer. They will either sell you just the needle and attchment or the whole sprayer. Cheaper to just go to your local hardware store and pick up a sprayer, they will send you directions on cleaning and seasoning it.
http://www.nocents.us/

Big Mike

Check out this website. I bought the one for the gallon sprayer. They will either sell you just the needle and attchment or the whole sprayer. Cheaper to just go to your local hardware store and pick up a sprayer, they will send you directions on cleaning and seasoning it.
http://www.nocents.us/

Big Mike

I mentioned that one in my post. I've talked with him and I do NOT like the way the nozzle is controlled. It's not a thumb type lever I saw on the show, it's more of a handle style that takes two hands (one to hold the injector, one to turn control the flow) and that just makes it difficult to work with.

I have that and love it too, but not for doing 4,8,16 PB's at a time. Just too much work and it's nice to be able to use a gallon injector.

But yes, buy this one if you don't. Had mind about 10 years (and it looks it).

I do wish they made some smaller diameter needles. I like the one with more holes in it, does a better job for me.

Back