Texas Tri Tip

LYU370

Resident Idjit

Batch Image
Staff member
Reaction score
In Illinois?!?! You betcha! 407BBQ rub.. Love this stuff!

Four pack from RD, $3.84/lb. untrimmed. This one had a little over 1 lb. of fat, worked out to about $5.40/lb. after trimming. Still a pretty good price.

gmsSQGvh.jpg

Good coat of rub... Although I overdid it a bit. This stuff is potent. You don't need as much as you think you need.

Slm1irAh.jpg

On the Big Joe with a couple hunks of Mesquite.

9nTGWw8h.jpg

Took it off to heat up the Joe...

MEyiebKh.jpg

bHKDB9Sh.jpg

1sKWnsIh.jpg

Get a little reverse sear going...

Lhn4lwyh.jpg

QxSVVYnh.jpg

Good smoke flavor, nice crust..

ce5iLXKh.jpg

Charro beans, chimichurri sauce and some root veggies..

VuzqR2Gh.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Yes please mate,looks perfectly pink:becky:

I used 407BBQ rub. Place out of Argyle TX. That's about it.

Great looking tri-tip. Good job!

Several of the supermarkets around here sell untrimmed tri-tips. I've found that one can reasonably add $2/lb to their price to estimate the true cost for peeled.

Andy thats the second killer Tri Tip you've done recently. Got to eat the first one! KILLER doesn't say enough. You got those down pat!

Cooking a Beef Clod...any tips????

Oops! Wrong post.

Your Tri tip looks great!

It just doesn't get any better than that. Very nice job!!

Four pack from RD, $3.84/lb. untrimmed. This one had a little over 1 lb. of fat, worked out to about $5.40/lb. after trimming. Still a pretty good price.

Hi Nice cook.Wish my RD had only 4 packs, last time I looked for tri tips 20lb packs.
DanB

Looks like you nailed it. Killer looking cook. I have never grilled a tri tip, guess I need to try one soon. Thanks for posting

Hi Nice cook.Wish my RD had only 4 packs, last time I looked for tri tips 20lb packs.
DanB

This one was 17.6lbs. Past ones were usually five packs. Three of these in this package were huge.

Back