MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 02-26-2020, 09:20 AM   #31
Adam05
Found some matches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4ever3 View Post
So you can get a better deal through BPS than MAK direct sort of?

Guess I’ll be signing up for BPS emails!
I ordered a MAK 2 star from BPS last year when they went on sale. Unfortunately it was damaged during shipping. To make a long story short BPS said they couldn’t help me out since I signed for it. MAK stepped in and more than took care of me even though I ordered through BPS. The difference in customer service between the 2 is huge. I would highly recommend ordering straight from MAK, the discounts I got from BPS wasn’t worth the headache.
Adam05 is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->

Old 02-26-2020, 12:25 PM   #32
dpends
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam05 View Post
I ordered a MAK 2 star from BPS last year when they went on sale. Unfortunately it was damaged during shipping. To make a long story short BPS said they couldn’t help me out since I signed for it. MAK stepped in and more than took care of me even though I ordered through BPS. The difference in customer service between the 2 is huge. I would highly recommend ordering straight from MAK, the discounts I got from BPS wasn’t worth the headache.
Sorry to hear that. I will say that so far BPS has been very responsive/helpful - I reached out to them to make some tweaks for my order and they did it all no problems.

On your situation - my grill is being shipped directly by MAK - not sure if yours was the same way, and it seems reasonable in that situation that MAK would take ownership. I don't know the specifics of your interaction with BPS, but, at least now, the product order page is very specific about needing to check for damage before signing and what they can/can't do, so at least I feel I know what to expect.
dpends is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-26-2020, 12:31 PM   #33
Crispy Bacon
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : Crispy

I get that. I’ve only bought rubs there. it still seems that something that big & heavy would be hard to unpack & have the delivery guy wait??? That’s just me. Idk?
Crispy Bacon is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-26-2020, 01:35 PM   #34
Baychilla
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crispy Bacon View Post
I get that. I’ve only bought rubs there. it still seems that something that big & heavy would be hard to unpack & have the delivery guy wait??? That’s just me. Idk?
Depends on the shipper. The company that dropped off my LSG gave me all the time I wanted to check on the smokers condition. A shipper delivering a different cooker wouldn't take it off the truck without me signing the release. So I signed it "not allowed to check condition prior to signing". When the guy read that his face went
Baychilla is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-26-2020, 03:15 PM   #35
Adam05
Found some matches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpends View Post
Sorry to hear that. I will say that so far BPS has been very responsive/helpful - I reached out to them to make some tweaks for my order and they did it all no problems.

On your situation - my grill is being shipped directly by MAK - not sure if yours was the same way, and it seems reasonable in that situation that MAK would take ownership. I don't know the specifics of your interaction with BPS, but, at least now, the product order page is very specific about needing to check for damage before signing and what they can/can't do, so at least I feel I know what to expect.
My understanding is BPS arranges/pays for the shipping from the MAK warehouse which is why it wasn’t on MAK to help out, but true to MAK’s reputation, their customer service is awesome. Either way just make sure you refuse shipment if there is any damage at all to the box and write down anything on the slip as minor as it may seem. It’s a great cooker!
Adam05 is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 02-26-2020, 09:09 PM   #36
Shadowdog500
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam05 View Post
I did read the “don’t sign for it until you take it out of the box and inspect it”
How long do they expect you to keep the truck driver waiting? I’m sure he has other deliveries to make.

Old 02-26-2020, 09:23 PM   #37
Hot Spot
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : Bob

They will not let you inspect it here, have to sign first.
Hot Spot is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-27-2020, 10:49 AM   #38
dpends
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Spot View Post
They will not let you inspect it here, have to sign first.
I'm sorry, but this is BS - if a driver tells you that they are lying. Federal regulations require that they provide a Bill of Lading with certain requirements (that is what you are signing). I have never seen a bill of lading that doesn't state you have inspected the cargo and layout a right to inspect the cargo before acceptance.

Additionally, the uniform commercial code Article 2 Section 513 provides the buyer a right to inspect goods. This has been adopted by most (if not all) states. In your specific case, the cite to Rhode Island law is Section 6A-2-513.

If a driver tries to pull this crap with you, first tell them you have the legal right to inspect before signing and won't do so until you do. If that doesn't work, ask to speak to their supervisor and threaten to file a complaint with the state AG. If all else fails, refuse to sign and send the driver on their merry way and call the shipper to complain - the driver will generally get in trouble if they don't deliver if you were available to sign.
dpends is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->
Old 02-27-2020, 10:51 AM   #39
rwalters
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Robb

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpends View Post
I'm sorry, but this is BS - if a driver tells you that they are lying. Federal regulations require that they provide a Bill of Lading with certain requirements (that is what you are signing). I have never seen a bill of lading that doesn't state you have inspected the cargo and layout a right to inspect the cargo before acceptance.

Additionally, the uniform commercial code Article 2 Section 513 provides the buyer a right to inspect goods. This has been adopted by most (if not all) states. In your specific case, the cite to Rhode Island law is Section 6A-2-513.

If a driver tries to pull this crap with you, first tell them you have the legal right to inspect before signing and won't do so until you do. If that doesn't work, ask to speak to their supervisor and threaten to file a complaint with the state AG. If all else fails, refuse to sign and send the driver on their merry way and call the shipper to complain - the driver will generally get in trouble if they don't deliver if you were available to sign.

Fantastic information!!! Thank you :)
Come follow my adventures on Instagram: @rwaltersbbq
rwalters is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-27-2020, 12:22 PM   #40
KevinJ
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowdog500 View Post
I did read the “don’t sign for it until you take it out of the box and inspect it”
How long do they expect you to keep the truck driver waiting? I’m sure he has other deliveries to make.
When mine was delivered it was on a pallet and asked the driver if he would take the pallet with him which was no problem, helped me get it off the pallet and took me less 2 or 3min to cut the box open with a box cutter and make sure everything looked kosher. Had a Gateway drum delivered yesterday same deal, same carrier and driver that delivered the MAK, from him pulling up he was in and on his way in less than 10min. Also the last thing he did before he walked out of the garage was ask me to sign the paperwork.
WGA

:plane: [SIZE="2"][I]All American Moinkballer[/I][/SIZE] 🇺🇸
KevinJ is offline   Reply With Quote