• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Brisket Done TOOO Early

smles

Reaction score
Ok hopefully someone can help me out here.

I put a 15lb brisket on last night at 6:30. I am taking this to a party and leaving at 1:30 this afternoon. Just wanted to make sure I had pleanty of time if it needed. Just checked it after 12 hours and I am ready 187 in parts of the flat and 195 in others, and the probe was going in fairly easy.

So here I am 7 hours before I leave and probably 8-10 hours before we eat and my brisket is almost done. I know it can last a good while in a cooler, but that seems like an awful long time.

Any suggestions?

I guess plenty of time if I want to do burnt ends.

I hope someone is awake already this morning.

I would go ahead and take to a consistent 200*-205* and really probe tender then wrap it in BP and/or foil, put it in a good tight cooler or cambro hot and fill the void with towels or crumpled newspaper; it will keep just fine. Your bark might suffer, but the meat will stay hot-to-warm and moist. Just me $0.02, good luck.

I've coolered pork butts for seven hours and they were still steaming hot when I pulled them. Just resist every urge to open that cooler once the meat is in there. Don't be constantly checking it to see if it is hot. Foil wrap, put old towels in bottom of cooler, put in meat, fill up the rest of the cooler with more old towels. It wi be fine, maybe even the best ever.

Back