Butcher BBQ Brisket Injection question

luke duke

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
A question for those of you who inject briskets with Butchers...

Do you use water, beef broth, a mixture of the two or something else? If you mix, what ratio do you use?

Im still figureing this out but, I used the shavings off the brisket. Try to get some meat attached to it. Not a whole lot of course. Season it and put it in pot of water with some season bacon and made my own broth

I do 2/3 cup of Butchers to 3 cups "something else" for 2 briskets. Always mix this up a day in advance.

What Bubba said! Beef is such a wonderful flavor in and of itself adding moisture is good and that's water.

I screwed around adding Minor's Beef au jus paste an an assortment of other concoctions. In the end, just using as indicated on the package and my scores went up.

It's never won me any money, but my favorite is 3/8 cup of butchers brisket marinade mixed with 1/2 cup water and 1/2 cup apple juice for one 12 - 14 lb brisket. Gives a nice sweet, very juicy flavor. I usually use either Plowboys Bovine Bold with it or Spicewines Heffer Dust. Either way is great.

I'll have to try the Prime Dust, but when I've used beef stock or broth, I haven't been very happy with the taste.

I did an experiment of water, beef broth, and Apple juice with water coming out ahead.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

It's time to trust your Butcher-just follow the instructions on the package!

It's time to trust your Butcher-just follow the instructions on the package!

These are the "instructions" on the website:
All taste palates are different, so strengthen to your taste. We recommend starting with 3/4 cup of marinade to two (2) cups of water. Other options are to split 1/2 the water with beer, apple juice, Cola or beef broth.

Translation: Use 3/4 cup of marinade and 2 cups of liquid. You have to figure out what liquid you prefer.

As you can see these aren't really instructions, more like guidelines. I am trying to shorten the learning curve by seeing what others prefer.

I follow the mixin directions on the pack but use about half what they say injecting

Back