Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Batch Image
Reaction score
Old toys...

IMG00032-20100201-1826.jpg

New Toys.

IMG00030-20100131-2021.jpg

IMG00031-20100131-2022.jpg

Gunther Wilheim 12 piece set, plus a 14 inch carver. Went for a new carver for the trailer, but couldnt resist the set. Got all for $300 bucks, seen the set for over $400.

Like them better than my Henkles, but then again, they need a good professional sharpening. But these knives feel really great in the hands. The triple tang handle design blows away the henkles.

Well, they aren't Ginsu, but I reckon they'll work. :wink:

Looks nice. Reminds me, I need to head down to Ambrosi's one of these days.

Can we put some of those in the BBQ Brethren HOF in a display for our fearless leader?

"And this children, are some of the knives he used. In the old days, people used to eat meat and needed a "knife" to cut it with."

Can they cut through the heel of a work boot and still cleanly slice a piceapple, tomato and bread like my Miracle Blade collection by Chef Tony ? :biggrin:

and don't get rid of that Mag Lite flashlight in that cabinet....they are always useful.

Congrats Phil..

Nice looking set Pooh, may they sereve you well. As a favor to a friend I sat through a Cutco Knives presentation yesterday morning. They had a similar set for only $1999.95!!:eek::eek::eek:

I have a Gunther Willhelm Santuko that is my workhorse. I bought it about 4 years ago I guess, and wouldnt be without it. I have a colleague whose wife is a chef and he said she also thought they were better than Henkel, especially considering the price. He scared the hell out of me when he came into my office, closed the door, and pulled out a ten inch butcher knife. I thought I was a goner.

Back