MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 05-14-2012, 01:31 AM   #751
dales133
On the road to being a farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadsr4 View Post
That grill is actually my backup grill for when I am cooking two different things- for example, on Memorial day. We hold a open house for whoever wants to come. We smoke a turkey on one grill, the other is hotdogs, burgers, or ?. We also make a large tossed salad. It is kind of potluck, except that no one is required to bring a dish. Worse case, we buy rice by the 50 lb bag, and it cooks quickly. It is also for people who have no family or friends, perhaps new in the area. I love it!
Otherwise, it is parked out of the way, thus the large wheels.
The frame is a discarded rack from a Gap store with a couple of AL trays I found while on a walk, held on with bungee straps. The ash tray is a discarded Dish network antenna.

Props to you dude what a thoughtful guy
dales133 is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->

Old 05-29-2012, 01:12 PM   #752
Chris_R
On the road to being a farker

$5 CL find. just a little work, and she'll be grillin in no time!

Old 05-29-2012, 01:22 PM   #753
DaveMW
is One Chatty Farker

Gift from my sister. She found it still new in box at her house about 3 months ago. She used it for burgers a couple of times and decided charcoal was too much work compared to gas with juggling grade school kids and their activities.

Weber Jumbo Joe "AH" - Black
[FONT=Century Gothic]Weber Smoky Joe "F"- Black[/FONT]
[FONT=Century Gothic]Weber Genesis - Black[/FONT]
[FONT=Century Gothic]Weber Go-Anywhere - Black[/FONT]
[FONT=Century Gothic]UDS - which surprisingly is not black[/FONT]
[FONT=Century Gothic]Great Outdoors Smoky Mountain Smoker[/FONT]
DaveMW is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-29-2012, 01:43 PM   #754
certified106
Full Fledged Farker

Nothing special about my Weber.....I even paid full price for it a Walmart and I still think it was worth every penny! Here are some photos of the food it produces on camping trips.

Old 05-29-2012, 04:24 PM   #755
Dr_KY
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Got my new Weber today in Lemongrass. :)

Slappin that bass like some delerious funky preist!!!

UDS, Half Pint (Mini UDS), Weber, ProQ 20, Kegrilla
*250 gallon cooker- 'The Meat Beast!!'*

British BBQ Championships
Grand Champion 2008
~~~~
British BBQ Society - Southern Championship
Grand Champions 2009
Dr_KY is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-29-2012, 10:43 PM   #756
pueblo
Knows what a fatty is.

Went trough all 51 pages of this thread looking for a way to create/ position a coal grate perhaps perhaps 5 or 6 inches below the cooking grate on a 22.5 OTG. Need to locate or fabricate the correct size grate. Didn't see a thing. Any ideas (photos?)? Thanks in advance.
pueblo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-29-2012, 11:01 PM   #757
KnucklHed BBQ
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Head KnucklHed

Quote:
Originally Posted by pueblo View Post
Went trough all 51 pages of this thread looking for a way to create/ position a coal grate perhaps perhaps 5 or 6 inches below the cooking grate on a 22.5 OTG. Need to locate or fabricate the correct size grate. Didn't see a thing. Any ideas (photos?)? Thanks in advance.
I routinely set up my kettle so that the grilling grate is 5 1/2" above the charcoal grate... Easy peasy!

“We shall throw our bacon wrapped all beef justice upon the wooden skewers of truth to be held on high and let them know that we will not stand for this.” ~Butz
KnucklHed BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-30-2012, 05:23 AM   #758
muidaq
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by pueblo View Post
Perhaps instead of raising the coal grate, lower the food. Get a smaller grate, attach some bolts as legs and set the legs on top of the coal grate. Or just support the food grate with empty cans. Good luck.

Old 05-30-2012, 07:35 AM   #759
pueblo
Knows what a fatty is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnucklHed BBQ View Post
I routinely set up my kettle so that the grilling grate is 5 1/2" above the charcoal grate... Easy peasy!

How?

Old 05-30-2012, 08:25 AM   #760
KnucklHed BBQ
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Head KnucklHed

Don't want to sound like a smart azz, but, stock positions bro... I checked 2 of my kettles just to make sure I wasn't missing something, depending how warped the charcoal grate is from use, it sits about 5 - 5 1/2" from the cooking grate.

Are you trying to get it closer than that?

“We shall throw our bacon wrapped all beef justice upon the wooden skewers of truth to be held on high and let them know that we will not stand for this.” ~Butz
KnucklHed BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-30-2012, 08:43 AM   #761
FashionBiff
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : John

I can really join the society, that is if you will have me I am the proud new owner of a 22" kettle, will be here Monday and I was given a 2001 18" a couple of weeks ago,(mini WSM stand right now,the replacement vanes should be here today) The only thing I have done is turn my smokey joe silver into a mini WSM. I can not use my 18" WSM until I build a surround to keep my dog away so it sits in the box until we move.

Old 05-30-2012, 10:12 AM   #762
pueblo
Knows what a fatty is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnucklHed BBQ View Post
Don't want to sound like a smart azz, but, stock positions bro... I checked 2 of my kettles just to make sure I wasn't missing something, depending how warped the charcoal grate is from use, it sits about 5 - 5 1/2" from the cooking grate.

Are you trying to get it closer than that?

Not smart a$$ at all. Thanks for bringing that to my attention. I should have gotten off my butt and measured the thing instead of sitting here and holding my thumb and finger apart for the estimate. Now that I have done that, I see my cooking grill is actually 5" from the charcoal grill, so yes, I guess I'm trying to get them a little closer. I like to do steaks really hot and fast. John Setzler invented a expanded metal thing to use for this on his CharGriller Kamado, which is perfect, except .... I don't have a CGK.

Old 05-30-2012, 12:39 PM   #763
cameraman
Babbling Farker

I take the charcoal grill from my smokey joe and put it on the crescent shaped weber charcoal holders. That does the trick.
Smokey Joe (RIP)
a dorky little headlamp[/COLOR]
cameraman is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-30-2012, 12:43 PM   #764
bigabyte
somebody shut me the fark up.

I wonder how far down an 18 inch grill grate would sit in the 22?
Certified MOINK Baller & IMBAS Certified MOINK Ball Judge #0003 - Are you MOINK Certified?
Sole recipient of the Silverfinger and fingerlickin Awards!

Don't forget about the Throwdown Thingies!
The Secret Squirrel Society doesn't exist - Zero Club

Duh.
bigabyte is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-30-2012, 02:11 PM   #765
pueblo
Knows what a fatty is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigabyte View Post
I wonder how far down an 18 inch grill grate would sit in the 22?
Good thought. I'll have to see if I can find one somewhere where I can return it if it sits too low.

Tags
appreciation threads, kettle, Weber, weber kettle, weber kettle methods, weber kettle mods