• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Kookers Kare 2007

Plowboy

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Several Brethren participated in Kookers Kare 2007. The event fills the local foodbanks with pork butts. I had heard 10k lbs, but I don't know what the final number was.

Brethren...
Jeff_in_KC
Ole
Singing Bob
MoKanMeathead
PigBoy
Plowboy
Sloppy Q
HoDeDo
MsSmokeOnWheels
Gator
BBQBoy

Did I miss anyone?

The raffle after dinner had a lot of great item. In addition to two gallons of Blues Hog/Tenn Red sauce, I added six "gift pots" filled with Lotta Bull, Blues Hog, Mean Dean, Hinck Farms, and plowboys products. Walmart had chocolate cows and pigs for Easter that were perfect, especially for the Lotta Bull basket.

Wayne of MoKan Meatheads won the Lotta Bull pot. Ole won the 20 ga camo shotgun donated by PigBoy's (and my wife's) cousin.

If anyone else has photos, please post them. I didn't get many other than my raffle items. Too busy visiting with everyone and chasing my kids with Audrey.

Attachments

• kookerskare 006 (Medium).jpg
    kookerskare 006 (Medium).jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 159
  • kookerskare 004 (Medium).jpg
    kookerskare 004 (Medium).jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 159
  • kookerskare 008 (Medium).jpg
    kookerskare 008 (Medium).jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 158
  • kookerskare 005 (Medium).jpg
    kookerskare 005 (Medium).jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 156
  • kookerskare 007 (Medium).jpg
    kookerskare 007 (Medium).jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 158
Plowboy, is Kookers Kare a once a year event? I have heard of this a few times recently and was curious what it is. Charity event I assume?

The cook is once a year. They have raffles at the major contests and KCBS banquet. They've tried making it a national thing, but it hasn't worked out too well yet.

The annual cook is this same weekend each year.

www.kookerskare.com

They also donate Turkey's in the fall for the Holidays ( not cooked, raw).

That margarita machine sure makes my truck look plain in comparison :wink:

Looks like some happy winners! And the Food Bank comes up a winner too- thanks to you guys!

Brian

They also donate Turkey's in the fall for the Holidays ( not cooked, raw).

That margarita machine sure makes my truck look plain in comparison :wink:

The LITE beer must have been the backup plan. I never did get a draw from that margarita machine. :sad:

Thanks to all of you for coming out and doing this. It will be a couple of weeks before we get the final numbers but an estimate is that we cooked 7,000 pounds of pork butt and we bought $2,000 of whole frozen chickens and gave it all to Harverstors (Local food pantry). They will give it out to about 25 different agencys (Hope House, city shelters, homeless shelters, etc.) the next week or two.

We also cooked and sold about 425 slabs of ribs that raised over $6,000 for the event next year.

It was a good time and yes the margarita machine worked like a champ and the 4 gallons or so was gone in a short time (sorry Todd).

Drats i had my Daughter up from Wichita on top of the three step kids 5 7 10 and 12. i had planned to come out and say howdy, can you believe i forgot about it. :(

The wife and I came and ate some good food and tried to win some raffle prizes. Guess we didn't buy enough tickets this time.

Hopefully you introduced yourself to a few Brethren. I didn't get to meet you.

Felt kinda out a place. I think we were the only ones that paid for dinner. We talked to a few ppl that were at our table. We sat at the table in front of the stage.

Felt kinda out a place. I think we were the only ones that paid for dinner. We talked to a few ppl that were at our table. We sat at the table in front of the stage.

We behind you and to the left fo the stage. I had the two loud little kids.

Damn Plowboy...I forgot all about that! And I was busy donating to bbqchefs cause too.....really sorry about that!

Plowboy, I know it's a year off but count me in for the next Kookers Kare. I would love to participate and it sounds like you all had a good time. When will the 2008 info be available?

Plowboy, I know it's a year off but count me in for the next Kookers Kare. I would love to participate and it sounds like you all had a good time. When will the 2008 info be available?

Watch www.kookerskare.com. MoKanMeathead (Wayne) is on the board. I was the first to sign up for 2007. I think it was last fall.

Kookers Kare is raffling off a margarita machine at the Great American BBQ contest in KC, KS on Memorial Day weekene. Here is a pic of the machine. I am selling tickets for $1/each - PM me or see me at the GAB. Even if you can't make the contest maybe there is someone from your area that is going that would agree to bring it back for you.

Thanks for everyone's support Kooker's Kare.

Attachments

• KK Margarita Machine.jpg
    KK Margarita Machine.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 30
Hey Wayne, You KNOW that I want to get my hands on one of those machines!!! I wish I would have known about the cook. I would have loved to help!!! And by the way, Congrats on that big reserve...

Back