THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

brandonh1987

Full Fledged Farker
So I got a rack of beef short ribs... I guess you call it a "chuck". Anyways, I've never smoked them before.

Not sure how to go about doing it?

Should I start out my first attempt at beef short ribs by doing a 3-2-1? And after this first attempt adjust to my likings?

This is how they can turn out.

jmuellerrib1w.jpg

*This isn't my pic. Those ribs were cooked by John Mueller.

I treat with 1 part salt, 1 part pepper, 1/4 part granulated garlic by volume.

Smoke at 300-325 degrees till probe tender.

Here are a couple of my short rib cooks.
iGU1Gc4.jpg

ssq2zhq.jpg

07am9UQ.jpg

3DVJEKn.jpg

C3I0kth.jpg

This is how they can turn out.

jmuellerrib1w.jpg

*This isn't my pic. Those ribs were cooked by John Mueller.

Since that's not your pic, I can tell you that's one of the most disgusting things I've ever seen. Looks like a file photo from a surgical procedure. I love food, and photography, but this is just too brutally sharp and clinical.
I'm sure they tasted good though.

Yeah totally against the 3-2-1 method. As mentioned cook like brisket, and probe temp normally good to go around 4hrs. I cook hot and fast, 300ish.

Since that's not your pic, I can tell you that's one of the most disgusting things I've ever seen. Looks like a file photo from a surgical procedure. I love food, and photography, but this is just too brutally sharp and clinical.
Then give me some surgical procedure spare parts!!! :biggrin1: :crazy:

lol.

Back