MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Catering, Food Handling and Awareness

Notices

Catering, Food Handling and Awareness *OnTopic* Forum to educate us on safe food handling. Not specifically for Catering or competition but overall health and keeping our families safe too.

Old 03-25-2013, 06:39 PM   #1
JohnJ
On the road to being a farker

Default Caterin help in Boston-Needham Area

My son is getting married in June 2014, (Yep.. I know a long way away), but we have been told that one must lock things down way ahead of time in the Boston area. We are responsible for the rehearsal dinner and want a classic KC or Texas style BBQ. Living in AZ and even with a wedding planner on the bride's side, (who seems a bit 'stiff'), this might be a tough one.

SO... does anyone know of a GOOD BBQ venue or caterer in the Boston-Needham area? Need to maybe even bus about 60 people from/to the hotel/church to wherever.

Oh, have about 10 true Kosher folks so a fish dinner cooked separately would fit that need.

Any hints, tips or help is truly appreciated.

Also posted in Woodpile. Really need ideas. Esp space.
JohnJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-25-2013, 08:18 PM   #2
BasicPatrick
Full Fledged Farker

you can start with

http://bbqnewengland.com

they are great guys as well winners of many bbq competitions....if they can't do it, they will certainly refer you to someone just as good....good luck....
Yoder YS640 & Traeger Texas 075
26.75 Weber OTG & 22.5 WSM
Camp Chef Pro 60
Wicked Pissah Super Fast Basic Blue Thermapen
30' Puma Palomino Toyhauler & 10' SGC Cargo Trailer.
NEBS, KCBS, KCBS CBJ, KCBS CTC, ICP
"Rub Some Sunshine on Your Face"--Richard Pryor
BasicPatrick is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 03-25-2013, 08:31 PM   #3
boogiesnap
Babbling Farker

true kosher won't necessarily restrict foods, but prep. brisket, beef ribs, chicken, would all fit the bill in that they were prepared and handled kosher.

congrats and good luck!

avatar by grillman. patent pending. :mad2::becky:
boogiesnap is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-25-2013, 08:35 PM   #4
landarc
somebody shut me the fark up.

That is what I was wondering, if it is Texas style, that means beef in my simple book (my overly complex book knows different). That would seem Kosher to me.

Yelonutz: me either, but, then again, I don't drink any less
[/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]
[COLOR=Pink]SSS[/COLOR]
[/COLOR][/SIZE]
landarc is offline   Reply With Quote