• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Picking Up Our New Jambo Next Week

Heath Hall

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I'm heading to Texas next week to pick up our new Pork Barrel BBQ Jambo Pit. Any of you Jambo owners have any tips on new Jambo's? Best way to lock the trailer to your truck on long trips? Keep or change out the stock thermometer? Cleaning after a cook? Any tips are appreciated.

We'll be heading straight from Jamie's to Mobile, AL to cook a contest with it two days later so it should be a fun week!

Congrats and welcome to the club. For lock while connected, just a standard trailer lock. I think the stock thermometer works great. No issues on either of mine. For cleaning, drain after each cook, wipe out with paper towels, hose out every couple of cooks.

Get a towtector!!! Have it delivered to Jamie so you have it!! Trust me, you will thank me later!!!

Need 3 locks. A ball lock for the bulldog. A lock to lock your truck to the hitch. Then a lock for the sleeve on the bulldog. This lock is a thin lock, maybe 3/8"?

Let me know and i could measure mine if you need the info.

Scottie,

That would be great if you could measure that for me. I'd like to have all the locks with me when I pick it up.

What kind of lock do you use to lock your truck to the hitch?

Scottie,

That would be great if you could measure that for me. I'd like to have all the locks with me when I pick it up.

Instead of using a pin to lock your ball hitch to the truck, use a lock instead. Then they cant just pull the pin and move the Jambo.

We'll be heading straight from Jamie's to Mobile, AL to cook a contest with it two days later so it should be a fun week!

I will be making the same trip from Fort Worth. FYI - Going the Jackson-Hattiesburg, MS route or the Alexandria-Baton Rouge, LA take about the same amount of time. I have made this trip for the last 6 years. On the way there, I take the Jackson-Hattiesburg route because it dumps you right by the fairgrounds which I think makes it a little quicker. Plus, you may get stuck in some Baton Rouge traffic (if the construction is still there). Let me know if you have any questions. See you in Mobile.

Scottie,

The lock on bulldog that locks the sleeve is 1/4" x 4".

Let me know if you need anything else, Heath.

Which model did you get... Make sure you post pics of the new pit and pics from the comp and let us know your thought after a few cooks...
Congrats to you Bro on the new Jambo!!!

The lock on bulldog that locks the sleeve is 1/4" x 4".

Let me know if you need anything else, Heath.

Ill bring a "coupler" lock that I think will work while in tow, no worries if its not the right size, we will talk more on Saturday at the MABA meeting.

I will be making the same trip from Fort Worth. FYI - Going the Jackson-Hattiesburg, MS route or the Alexandria-Baton Rouge, LA take about the same amount of time. I have made this trip for the last 6 years. On the way there, I take the Jackson-Hattiesburg route because it dumps you right by the fairgrounds which I think makes it a little quicker. Plus, you may get stuck in some Baton Rouge traffic (if the construction is still there). Let me know if you have any questions. See you in Mobile.

I'm going down through Baton Rouge. Planning at stopping in for lunch at The Shed. See you in Mobile next week!

Which model did you get... Make sure you post pics of the new pit and pics from the comp and let us know your thought after a few cooks...
Congrats to you Bro on the new Jambo!!!

Thanks! Got the J-3. Will post pictures of it when I pick it up.

Jambo

Heath, Nothing wrong with the stock thermometer ,but if you change to the Tel-Tru BQ300, you will appreciate the glow dial when putting the big meats on in the dark. Also take the thermometer out when traveling as the vibration can break it. Good luck-you will love it.

Tim Durno-Smokin Blue Q

Back