• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

• Best Pulled pork to date! **pr0n heavy

Phrasty

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Ladies and Gentlemen, I have officially hit my stride with pulled pork! Its finally exactly where I want it to be! And I owe it all to a foil pan! May not be the norm or conventional but FU CKrying out loud... It was AMAZING!

I got a case of some amazing pork butts straight off the farm for a job last month (as usual, which is pretty easy to do out here) and I held back the 2 prettiest ones... :icon_blush::pray: forgive me but it was worth it! Anyways, I digress... I seasoned it with my own pork rub (Hog Dirt) after injecting it with a simple blend of apple juice, cider vinegar, sugar, salt and a bit more of the rub. and let it sit in the fridge overnight.

I put it on a fairly hot smoke (300-350) for about an hour then into a DRY pan fat side up until the fat started rendering out filling the pan. I then flipped it fat side down to work on the bark, sprinkled a little more rub on it and basted with the renderings... I cannot BEGIN to describe the flavor throughout the meat... SO good! You guys need to give the pan a go even if it's just for once! This is my staple method from now on! that butt sitting in the seasoned pork fat bubbling away... :drama: :heh::heh:

Well here's how it went:

Started off by skinning the butt and deboning the spine (for my assistant, She always wants it grilled up :confused:)
f801351b.jpg

fff2c1a7.jpg

Injected and rubbed that butt down, and into the fridge it went:
2bcb1590.jpg

2f4bda7e.jpg

9ef6ac12.jpg

Threw it on this morning with a blend of guava and lychee wood for smoke.
351e4b8d.jpg

Browned it for a bit then placed it in a half pan:
ee32856b.jpg

030b606c.jpg

The treat :wink:
fe6da44f.jpg

2774ed5e.jpg

Back to the butt:
09c879ea.jpg

bec79deb.jpg

2d46ae04.jpg

176784ac.jpg

Flipped it, sprinkled it and basted it:
93b0266b.jpg

cdae91c0.jpg

e2e264f8.jpg

aec4a0c0.jpg

and it's ready to come off
02521fc6.jpg

a40f6d1d.jpg

d8d02bd3.jpg

b6bf7d6a.jpg

Poured off the fat and mixed in some of the renderings:
0018bb86.jpg

8892c2e7.jpg

d5ba7457.jpg

The rest of the renderings went into a mix with some SBR's, cider vinegar and some scotch bonnet pepper:
a2d39ab3.jpg

c99a36fe.jpg

And the perfect simple sammy! :thumb:
6d209f97.jpg

Couldn't have asked for better pulled pork! Give the pan a go! :thumb: It surprised the HELL outta me!!!
Well, thanks for looking guys:becky:

Cheers

Phrasty!!! my man!!! sounds like we both had stellar pulled Pork days, mine was off the chain too,

yours looks excellent!!! if i ever make it big im comin to visit!!!

That's some good lookin' grub P - I'm getting more and more tempted to start panning up and going hot & fast, especially for smaller cooks on the kettle. Thanks for sharing!

NICE!!:clap2: What was your total time of cook? I see where you put on a hot smoke for an hour at 300-350. What did you finish with?

NICE!!:clap2: What was your total time of cook? I see where you put on a hot smoke for an hour at 300-350. What did you finish with?

Thanks b\Brother! The grill hovered between 300 -325 for the cook. Took about 9 hours total for the 11.5# butt.

Cheers

And yeah she's a Chocolate lab... 2 years this month. :D
Cheers

Back