forgive me brothers, for i have sinned

• Thread starter Rick's Tropical Delight
  • Start date
R

Rick's Tropical Delight

vinny had me finish 6 racks of baby back ribs on his egg tonight for bistro night.

he cooked them in the oven first this afternoon.

i had no choice.

they were pretty good with the new homemade bbq sauce.

:icon_blush:

no pix

It was awfully thoughtful of you to make an admirable effort to right the wrong that was done.

Tell him to reverse the cooking and they will turn out much better.

i suggested he use a dry rub next week and then foil them and then i'll finish them on the egg. that's at least a little better... right?

Yeah but you're getting dangerously close to being a conspirator to it. Just blankyour mind to what happened to them before they got to you.

Thats ok Rick, we know it was not intentional and out of your hands. You are forgiven, go in peace brother and sin no more:twisted::lol:

Ok Rick here's your out..... No pics didn't happen! That's your story, stick with it.

Shame, shame shame! Confession will not save you! Pentanence would be 5 hail rib cooks done low and slow.

{chorus playing softly in the back ground}
Swing low, sweet barbeque
Coming for to carry me home

Brothers it has come to my attention that one among us has fallen, and taken to the heathen ways. Tonight my soul is heavy with pain and sorrow. The news, pains me to hear, yet more unbearable to contemplate the depths of its true consequences. Having succumb to the temptations of the sirens call, and the daily pressures of the heathen masses. Misled by the promises of a quick fix, that fast Q and easy Q offer to deliver. The hustlers of this dope, plied and prodded, then laid in wait to ambush our brother into their fold.

In that moment of weakness, surrounded by doubt, our brother was morally deceived, convinced by the devil to do his bidding. Only to find himself in a pit of despair, with his only campanigns liquid smoke and a microwave.

It is disheartening to see one of our pillars fall so quickly and easily. This should remind us to be ever vigilant in our convictions. Watchful and cautious of the ever widening abyss, less we fall prey ourselves.

With the whispers of concern growing and the impending considerations to ostracize our brother. I beg you, implore you to reconsider. Do not turn away, do not cast him out. No one wants to picture our former brethren behind a Trader Joe’s hunched over a mangled microwave, latex glove tied to his bicep, clutching a cajan injector of liquid smoke in one hand and a cornish game hen in the other, with torn packages of freeze dried wild rice and mushrooms and cans of mushroom soup littered about.

we need to support his recovery, and nurse him back to his former glory! It is out duty and obligation to him and ourselves to ween him from the evil smoke that has penetrated his soul and caused him to bear the scarlet smoke ring he now wears.

I for one accept his apology and admire his strength to try and break the bonds that have enveloped him. Let us all stand beside him on this journey back. After all we are all brothers here.

Rick Micowaves Ribs
Exclusive pictures captured.

Par Boild Que
Barbecue hoax discovered.

Cajun injector filled with Liquid Smoke Discovered
sources say shortcuts may have been taken.

hahahaha!

i told vinny i would be kicked out, banned, and i'd have to turn in my eggs. what was i to do? i told him i could never b, b, b... i can't even say it. if it wasn't for my regular job i could be there all day and smoke the ribs from the start. at least he didn't use liquid smoke... it's in the recipe for the secret bbq sauce, but he wisely left it out. let me work on him and get him to at least dry roast in the oven first, then foil with some apple juice till i get there... maybe even take off the membrane before they go in the oven. i'll have you know i didn't wear my brethren hat during the act. it's all i can do. thank you brothers for your understanding and support.

repent, repent, repent

Whoa...you finished them in the Egg, right? So you took what was a grievious act and did your best to make it right. Kinda like the 3 pointer that clangs off the rim but you were there for the put-back.

Ovens...boiling water...liquid smoke....these all lead to the dark side...forever consume you it will, and an agent of evil you will become.

Back